Anyone raise pack goats?

Gobbler36

WKR
I recently put together a "Packgoat Manual" for a new packgoat owner and I've attached it here for reference. It's not intended to be "everything about goats". It's more of a "pay attention to these things and you should be okay" kind of resource. My way may not be the best way, but it's worked for me and hopefully there's something in here that will keep you out of trouble at least once.
Awesome
Thanks abunch

I’m picking up my first 3 goats in a couple weeks purchased from a registered breeder. All three are majority alpine mixed with varying amounts of ober and lamancha.

Super excited and will let you know how it goes!

Not to hijack but the one thing I’m concerned about is I have a well with very hard water. If anybody has recommendations on preventing urinary calculi caused by the hard water I’d love a PM or reply!

Thanks and good luck!!

204guy

WKR
I’m picking up my first 3 goats in a couple weeks purchased from a registered breeder. All three are majority alpine mixed with varying amounts of ober and lamancha.

Super excited and will let you know how it goes!

Not to hijack but the one thing I’m concerned about is I have a well with very hard water. If anybody has recommendations on preventing urinary calculi caused by the hard water I’d love a PM or reply!

Thanks and good luck!!

Assuming you have a softener for your house about all you can do is fill their water on the softened side of that, if it's at all practical.