Anyone tuning in on the KUIU Live intro?

Mtnboy

WKR
Part of Sitka markup goes to tv commercials, and celebrity endorsements. Kuiu mark up goes to helicopter rental for over head images of outerwear in the swiss alps while they chase exotic game. Each to his own :)

Not to mention Sitka is pretty involved in several conservation organizations, you could almost consider it investing into the future of hunting...does KUIU give back at all?

Also, I see the Western Hunter guys are wearing KUIU now...are we supposed to believe they aren't being compensated?

Last edited:
I actually had 2 questions that I had awnsered. First the downs fill power is rated after it is treated, so what is the actual fill rating? Who knows and I doubt they will willingly give out that info. Second and more inportantly is why are these bags so expensive when they should have zero retailer markup? Awnser is they pay 4x more for their down then other down sources....... Are you kidding me??? That is just ridiculous. I understand that Kuiu is suppose to use higher quality ingredients, but do we actually know that? Can we tell the difference? Is it actually better or is that just what he thinks? The one question that was not awnsered was at what point does the dwr become ineffective because of washing

So what do you all think? Did they win any hearts?

He did answer the price point question. Basically, Direct to consumer model means better product, not lower price.

All I can say, is I'd love to try one of those zero bags in November in the Idaho backcountry!

If this is something he said I'm really disappointed. I like"d" his company because it was one produced in north American, which is no longer. Secondly he had kept prices reasonable with the direct to consumer model. He stated that since he didn't have the retailers the markup could be kept reasonable. If he really made this statement then he has gone back on his entire business plan. I am starting to feel like he is just another guy who cares most about the almighty dollar and not as he states only making the best gear for the best price. I think their gear is good. I have a guide jacket, super down, attack pants (which I feel are the best hiking/hunting pant out) and a chugach rain set but I don't think I'll be buying anymore kuiu

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
^^^

I won't buy these bags but I'll continue to buy KUIU gear if I feel it's the best for my needs. Good video and i think Jason answered what people wanted to know. If you don't feel the bags are worth it there are other companies to buy from.

bigfish b.c

Lil-Rokslider
i have used kuiu since the start & have nothing but good to say about everything i own,but was really surprised at the price of these bags,just cant see or justify the cost diff between the best bags.i have been around down bags for 25 years & have a 20+ year old westn mtn bag thats still going,was really interested in these till i seen the price,there is as good or better for less that are proven bags.i think in the end they may lose allot of customers over this,i do like his blog & the fact he takes time to answer question on his blog cant find that many places.