Anyone used a boot stretcher?

I've got one specific pair of boots that fits great with the exception of my right big toe rubbing. I've had the issue before and some boots seem to
exacerbate the problem. I have not broken them in, before I bust out the Leukotape and do it the old fashioned way, I've seen boot stretchers with attachments to target individual points on Amazon and was wondering if anyone used one with success before?

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your near a ski boot place they typically have a punch machine or you can buy the tool yourself.
Personally I'd let Hoffman boots give it a go, that's a huge offer to help you out
21191f7615f7d3308d04dc25637ef2a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Glad to help. Send them in with a note stating what we are doing and mark exactly where you need me to stretch them. Send them to Hoffman Boots Attn: Jim Hoffman 100 E Riverside Ave. Kellogg, Id 83837

dtrkyman

WKR
How much can a boot be stretched? Material dependant?

I think I heard someone mention getting a half size here.

My left foot is slightly larger than my right, never used to be a problem but I am noticing it in the past few years.

Hoffman Boots

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Length is tuff to get out of a boot stretch - we can definitely stretch the width as more stretchers are designed for this purpose. We do have a device geared for stretching boots length wise, but it is not that effective.

dtrkyman

WKR
I tried the baggies of water in the boots and freeze, not much good. Then I just filled the boots with water and froze, definitely loosened em up a bit, about perfect actually in my case.

ehayes

FNG
I used a local shop for a similar issue. Stretching the width worked for me. Cost me $25.