Apex Hoody as a Baselayer? Second Rifle CO

KitShickers

Lil-Rokslider
Planning a hunt for 2nd rifle CO at about 10,000ft. Anyone that has the Apex hoody think I could run it as a base layer? Would it be too hot to hike in?

I haven’t used one but was playing with one at the store the other day. It is a midweight piece. Seems like it would be fine as a base layer unless things got really hot. I was more impressed with it than I thought I would be and those with first hand experience seem to be big fans. I have read a bunch of reviews. Some are indifferent to the kangaroo pocket. So don’t care for the elbow pads. Apart from that, the only complaint I have heard is the price.

It's a highly breathable midweight piece. I wore mine almost every day whilst hunting the archery season last year and in AZ in Jan. I would NOT recommend it for a base layer, I wore a base layer underneath it, mostly the First Lite wick hoody. The stupid kangaroo pocket is kind of bulky and the elbow pads are silly. It's intended to be outerwear and it has poly/nylon softshell-like shoulders and high arms. I'm changing up for this upcoming season to more firstlite tops.

GarrettCrain

Lil-Rokslider
It's a highly breathable midweight piece. I wore mine almost every day whilst hunting the archery season last year and in AZ in Jan. I would NOT recommend it for a base layer, I wore a base layer underneath it, mostly the First Lite wick hoody. The stupid kangaroo pocket is kind of bulky and the elbow pads are silly. It's intended to be outerwear and it has poly/nylon softshell-like shoulders and high arms. I'm changing up for this upcoming season to more firstlite tops.
With a baselayer under, do you think the Apex could replace a Heavyweight hoody?