Argali Imports

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone know of Argali import permits from Mongolia being approved by the USFWS? There were lots of assurances at the WSF and SCI conventions but "too much talk, not enough action".

CLP

FNG
I recently filed my import permit and was told that they are starting to finally process the Mongolia argali’s. The backlog is substantial from what I’m told. It’s my understanding that they’ll process all the Mongolia permits and then begin work on the Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan permits.

OP
E

easttex

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah CLP, that is the line, but I have not heard of any permits actually being approved. Just lip service.

S-3 ranch

WKR
I’m kinda skeptical about any cites permits running smoothly
We can’t get aoudad out of Mexico, some are stuck in limbo requiring inspection then being sent back to the landowners for secondary paperwork
Plus USFW put the only sheep entery point in Brownsville ( extra 9 hour drive each way)
I guess a import agent is necessary now , bedsides just the old permit and dip and freeze, pack @ POO

I have heard of 2 Mongolian argali permits earlier this week and had an Altai argali permit forwarded that was issued yesterday. Looks like some from Mongolia is finally starting to move.
Tajikistan is supposed to be next & then Kyrgyzstan.