Kyrgyzstan Ibex Permits

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Yessir that wouldn’t really surprise me one but based on the way our hunt panned out. Dig a little on here or on Weatherby’s podcast if you want the full details. It was a mess!

OP
B

buzzy

WKR
For goodness sake guys, Ibex are goats, not sheep.
I understand that. I figured folks were having problems getting their Ibex imported now and not just their sheep. My bad if that's not the case.

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Link to my original hunt story:

Link to Weatherby’s podcast:

adamkolesar

Lil-Rokslider
The above Podcast serves as an excellent example of the risks and rewards of International hunting. Many thanks for the reminder of the importance of due diligence on all our guided hunts!

For you guys that have gone to Kyrgyzstan, did you take your own meals or just eat what was provided? Recommendations?

OP
B

buzzy

WKR
For you guys that have gone to Kyrgyzstan, did you take your own meals or just eat what was provided? Recommendations?
I would bring more snacks foe when you are out on the mountains. Food in camp was good but having a couple of freeze dried meals is cheap insurance.

NotJose

FNG
I would bring more snacks foe when you are out on the mountains. Food in camp was good but having a couple of freeze dried meals is cheap insurance.

Hey Buzzy, you mind pm’ing your number? I just signed up here and won’t allow me to pm you. I’m leaving in Two days to hunt w/Asif. I’d love your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
I packed my own food when I hunted Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan both. Food in town and in base camp will be good but if you spike out, you’ll be happy to have your own meals, your own tent and your own space. I generally pack at least 4-5 days worth of food (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper, coffee, etc.). I have used it all and I’ve had some left over but I’m always glad to have it when hunting, glassing and hiking hard.

I packed my own food when I hunted Azerbaijan and Kyrgyzstan both. Food in town and in base camp will be good but if you spike out, you’ll be happy to have your own meals, your own tent and your own space. I generally pack at least 4-5 days worth of food (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, supper, coffee, etc.). I have used it all and I’ve had some left over but I’m always glad to have it when hunting, glassing and hiking hard.
So did you take your own burner to heat water? I was going to take one but wasn’t sure if I would be able to get fuel for it.

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
Yessir. I always take my own filter system and stove. As far as the stove goes, I carry an MSR whisperlite international. Buy 2 fuel bottles for it and take them with you. Only new or VERY clean new ones will be allowed on the airplane. The beauty of the whisperlite international is that it can run on just about anything. Gasoline is readily available before you get into the mountains. White gas, kerosine or even diesel fuel will work with that stove also. I generally leave the stove and fuel bottles as part of my tip for the guides. Money is always appreciated but as you will see, gear is really lacking over there. Speaking of which, take 2 pairs of binoculars. Let your guide use the cheap pair bc he most likely won’t have any. Leave them for a tip as well.

I did order that whisperlite International today. Couple bottles also. Haven’t used that one before so try it out when it arrives before I leave.