Australia

Steepandeep1

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve reached a point in my life where my wife and I are comfortable with starting to save for some hunts I’d like to go on. Although Dall sheep is top on my list that will be much later on with its cost. Hunting goats in BC or buffalo in Australia are a close second and third. My question is, who has hunted Australia and which route did you take, ( outfitter, diy etc. ) If you’ve been on multiple trips out of the states which have been your favorite and why?
TIA
Cody

Last edited:

Beendare

WKR
My buff W Robt2_1.jpgChuck buff1 group_1.jpgChuck bull2 me  and my hog.jpgBradleys buff2_1.jpgcroc_1.jpg
I loved hunting Australia. No comparison between my sheep hunt and Australia.

Its a fantastic country to visit...and they speak English....mostly /grin. There is a ton of game.

Those water buff are something to see...bigger than Cape buff and just as mean. My one buddy wounded one that charged us and just about killed our assistant guide- long story. Crocs, snakes, great fishing, multiple species.....all in a country that has the 'can do' positive attitude of the what the US was like in the 1950's.

OP
Steepandeep1

Steepandeep1

Lil-Rokslider
This is what I wanted to hear. Australia seems like a hunters paradise and I hope to make it that way sooner than later.

cusackla

FNG
View attachment 83623View attachment 83624View attachment 83625View attachment 83626View attachment 83627
I loved hunting Australia. No comparison between my sheep hunt and Australia.

Its a fantastic country to visit...and they speak English....mostly /grin. There is a ton of game.

Those water buff are something to see...bigger than Cape buff and just as mean. My one buddy wounded one that charged us and just about killed our assistant guide- long story. Crocs, snakes, great fishing, multiple species.....all in a country that has the 'can do' positive attitude of the what the US was like in the 1950's.
We just received a donation from Robert and we will be including it in our Feb 24th, 2023 hunting auction

Muppence

FNG
DIY buff isn't very accessible. You will need access to private property and pay a trophy/trespass fee. If you can organise with a resident of Northern Territory to host you may be able to access Back Country Hunting https://www.ntfirearms.com.au/back-country-hunting. There is plenty of guided/safari operations, rough cost is around $10,000 with airport transfers and accomodation.

If you want to hunt Sambar Deer in Victoria there is massive amounts of public land accessible, though you will drive approx 4hrs from Melbourne international airport