AZ muleys....August/October movement question.

RILEY L

FNG
Last august I found a couple good bachelor groups in an OTC archery unit in Central AZ. MY partner and I had them to ourselves for 10 days straight. He was able to arrow a nice 4x5, I wasn't able to tag out on the clean 4x4 I was after. We're planning on setting 15-20 trail cams on water and mineral sites in early July(pending quarantine restrictions).Im planning hunting the August OTC as well as putting in for the rifle hunt with point guard just in case I don't kill with my bow. I know only one buck can be taken per year and I know doing this as NR will cost me and additional $300 tag.

SO... If I find the groups again this August and don't tag out during the archery hunt, can I expect them to be in the same general area in October? I know there are many variables and their patterns will be different, likely not be moving much during the day. This area is 6000-7000ft elevation high desert/PJ country.

How big do you think 5x4 is? For reference the outside spread is 27.5"

Riley
IMG_1788.jpgIMG_1789.jpgIMG_1803.JPGIMG_1808.JPG

Tanner W

Lil-Rokslider
Sweet buck, good luck this year!

edit: sorry for not having any advice to give, I just saw this post earlier today had to come back and compliment. haha

Last edited:

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Nice
CC.jpg