Backpacking Carry Options For a .44 Revolver

I spent many days with a heavy .44 Ruger Redhawk revolver through my years guiding in NW WY...and now that i hunt for myself here, i still carry it daily. I have a very simple custom made leather shoulder holster. The revolver sits on my left side, is a one snap instant draw with my right and only has one very small strap system that goes around my other shoulder. Very light and stays out of the way of everything. I have backpacked with heavy loads, rode horses for days etc etc with it on and it never bothers me. I also use an AGC pack and it is not in the way at all. The gun sits basically right in the hole under my armpit when wearing a pack, so it doesnt affect my use of a heavy pack at all. . Any experienced leather worker should be able to make a good one pretty reasonably. They usually take your gun and mold the leather around it. Works great for me.

Got any pictures of that setup?

mntnguide

WKR
Got any pictures of that setup?
I will try to find some..I wasn't on that side of a camera often...but I'll dig it out and take a few of it and post them up when I get a minute

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk