Barney’s vs Kifaru

BRWNBR

WKR
af8a5996e19b7e5a0ae5333966befeaf.jpg

Apparently electric fences are fun. I never found it. Found one pole about thirty yards away and that was it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadwolf

WKR
I was checking out kifaru’s page and their cavern pack looks like I’d give that a try. But I can’t bring myself to pay for one when I’ve got gear that works. Oddly in the last 20 years of guiding I’ve only had one client with a kifaru pack.

Likely because when they ask their guide what pack to buy they all say buy a Barney’s. At least here in AK : )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRWNBR

WKR
Lol I don’t think I’ve told any client to buy a Barney’s. I have extras I just let them use. Most guys would never use one twice anyway. I do have a client that bought one, but he hunts with me almost every year so he gets mileage outa his.

Seen kuiu, MR, Stone glacier, cabelas, kelty, some others I can’t rememer names to. But only one kifaru. The long hunter. Client shot his Sheep,
I went to get his pack, Tried to empty the pockets cause it was so heavy. Figured he had a couple boxes of shells in there or something. Turns out it was already empty!! Lol just a freakin heavy pack! That’s my only kifaru experience.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
So much to like in that pic, a shooter in camp, the fact that you brought a trail cam to watch camp haha.

MattB

WKR
Lol I don’t think I’ve told any client to buy a Barney’s. I have extras I just let them use. Most guys would never use one twice anyway. I do have a client that bought one, but he hunts with me almost every year so he gets mileage outa his.

Seen kuiu, MR, Stone glacier, cabelas, kelty, some others I can’t rememer names to. But only one kifaru. The long hunter. Client shot his Sheep,
I went to get his pack, Tried to empty the pockets cause it was so heavy. Figured he had a couple boxes of shells in there or something. Turns out it was already empty!! Lol just a freakin heavy pack! That’s my only kifaru experience.

Longhunter? Just a thought but you might not judge a pack line based on a 10-15 year old design.

BRWNBR

WKR
Longhunter? Just a thought but you might not judge a pack line based on a 10-15 year old design.

Haven’t had any other experiences with them since. Ones perspective is not often changed without input of some sort.
I’ve been preaching how great Barney bags are for years, but I often find myself hoping there’s something better out there. Crap I still use the same kind of socks as i did 20 years ago.

Last edited:

EastMT

WKR
Haven’t had any other experiences with them since. Ones perspective is not often changed without input of some sort.
I’ve been preaching how great Barney bags are for years, but I often find myself hoping there’s something better out there. Crap I still use the same kind of socks as i did 20 years ago.

Well you need to go spend 4 or 5000 bucks or you'll never be able kill anything in alaska

"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

BRWNBR

WKR
Well you need to go spend 4 or 5000 bucks or you'll never be able kill anything in alaska

"If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

I actually am wearing most of the same clothes I have been for the last 7-8 years or so. Lol
I’m boring when it comes to clothes. But a 40 dollar hunting shirt still going strong after about 1000 plus days hunting Alaska. Can’t being myself to buy clothes I don’t need.