Barrett Fieldcraft???

Hey Guys I have two Barrett Fieldcraft rifles one is the stainless 308 win 18” threaded barrel and the other is a 6.5 Creedmore 22” threaded barrel black stock specials edition.

If you could only have one what would you get and why? Thanks

Last edited:

WormSportsman

Lil-Rokslider
That’s pretty amazing you found two available right now. My buddy has that 6.5 creedmoor and every few months I try and buy it from him. I think it would depend on what other rifles you have or if this would be your do all rifle. You don’t have a wrong choice though! 18 inch .308 would be nice if you run suppressed. Feel free to PM me if you pass on that 6.5!

OP
TK161BOONER
Sorry I wasn’t clear on my post, I have both and I’m going to keep one…thanks for any input.
It would be my only hunting rifle for mainly deer, black bear and “possibly” elk someday.
I’m just really torn on what to let go, the 308 shoots half MOA and the 6.5 is new.

Sorry I wasn’t clear on my post, I have both and I’m going to keep one…thanks for any input.
It would be my only hunting rifle for mainly deer, black bear and “possibly” elk someday.
I’m just really torn on what to let go, the 308 shoots half MOA and the 6.5 is new.
I would keep the 6.5 and sell the 308. I am a big fan of both tho and you are splitting hairs. Please let me know which one you decide to sell. I am interested :)

OP
TK161BOONER
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.
I’ve listed the 308 for now, wanted to list it for a couple days before putting it on GB.
The last used 308 win 18” threaded sold on auction for a little over $3500.
I know my price is more then most on here are willing to pay and I’m fine with that.

Oh wow. I remember when these were out they sat on shelves. I should have bought 100 of them.

When I got mine, it was right around $1350 shipped.
I sold an 18” 7mm-08 during that time period for $1450 and didn’t feel like I took a beating. I do now though….

Last edited:

z987k

WKR
Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.
I’ve listed the 308 for now, wanted to list it for a couple days before putting it on GB.
The last used 308 win 18” threaded sold on auction for a little over $3500.
I know my price is more then most on here are willing to pay and I’m fine with that.
I don't blame you if the market is willing to pay that.

I can pretty much build a semi-custom gun lighter than a fiedlcraft for right around that price, so I don't understand why someone would pay that, but if they are, more power to ya.

Whhood

Lil-Rokslider
I had two and sold them both. They just never felt comfortable to me. I have two model sevens now that weigh the same, shoot better, shoot faster, unload easier, and I got both for $1100.

z987k

WKR
I had two and sold them both. They just never felt comfortable to me. I have two model sevens now that weigh the same, shoot better, shoot faster, unload easier, and I got both for $1100.
You have a model 7 that's under 5lbs bare that isn't heavily modified?