Bear Spray Disposal?

RadDad

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you who use bear spray, what do you do with expired canisters? I’ve heard the aerosol leaks over the years meaning the effective distance could be drastically reduced. To be on the safe side I bought a new spray and shelved the old one. It is still sitting in my garage so now I need to figure out what to do with it. Curious what you all do with yours.

-RadDad

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
Good advice since I’ve never discharged one.

-RadDad
They sell inert practice cans but I’m to cheap for that. Once my can expires my wife is going to shoot it off for practice. Like stated above watch the wind or your in for a good one.

ODB

WKR
They sell inert practice cans but I’m to cheap for that. Once my can expires my wife is going to shoot it off for practice. Like stated above watch the wind or your in for a good one.

Yes, watch the wind, But I will admit when I did it I kind of got close to the cloud a little just to see what it felt like. It's like eating hot peppers but not tasting them. At least it was for me. I'll stick to the peppers...

Last month in Poland a sports fan in a stadium was waving a flare which was not appreciated by security so they doused him in pepper spray. Who knew that shit was flammable?

kv6517k4r5bz.jpg

Maybe carry a lighter with you so if the bear runs thru your spray you can use it as a flamethrower.

Maybe it was reposted?
Yea, no worries, the point was "Pepper Flames" and I deflected. Sorry about that. It's getting tough to keep track of the stuff on the interwebs these days.

I'm all for the neighbors spraying my cat. Beats the yotes getting them. Cats keep the snakes away.