Best 0 degree budget sleeping bag?

jakeB20

FNG
Going on a opening week general season hunt in NW montana this year and looking for bag recommendations that wont break the bank. Appreciate any/all feedback

sneaky

"DADDY"
Opening week of rifle or archery? I'm guessing rifle since a zero degree bag would be overkill the first week of September for archery.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Carr5vols

WKR
Kelty Cosmic 0 is a good bang for the buck, I have slept in it down at 3 degrees (no tent) with only base layer on and was ok.

ChrisS

WKR
+1 to the Kelty Cosmic. It weighs a lot, but they don't skimp on the fill.

If you're going in on horses, I'd probably recommend the wiggy's as well. Those things are supposedly bomber. Get a nice wide bag for comfort. No need to be cramped in tight mummy bag.

If you dont care about weight or packed size and want to save money, synthetic bags are way cheaper. Check out big Agnes synthetics. I personally would never buy a synthetic but it might not be a bad option in your case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkinnyPete

Lil-Rokslider
Klymit KSB0 , rated to 0, they make a big version and you can find em for $200ish.
I just nabbed a 20deg one for $109 shipped.

Akshphntr

FNG
Agreed my wiggys are the most comfortable i own but i backpack recently with my down klymit small light weight reasonable price warm....

*zap*

WKR
Wiggys are great, I got Nemo down used for a good price for lighter weight/less bulk. Its Ok.

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard good things about the Marmot "Never Summer" 0 degree bag. It's only 600FP. But if it keeps you warm on the cheap, what the heck. Altrec has them on sale for $229 free shipping.

Phaseolus

WKR
Wiggy’s are Ok for a cheap bag. I have two that get used for car camping but not for the backcountry. We are pretty dry in western Colorado so synthetic is not as important as say, Alaska. I consider them to be my third string bags. One has bad cold spots. I live where they are made so I had Jerry look at the places where there was very little insulation. He assured me that they couldn’t possibly be cold spots. That was an eye opener for me because when I bought them he emphatically told me that they had a lifetime guarantee.

If weight isn’t an issue and money is the army sleeping bag system has a lot to offer. Inner and outer bag will do 0* easily and you can get a goretex bivy. Whole set can be had for $100 or so.

Treeline

FNG
Marmot Lithium is a great backcountry 0 degree and in the middle price point. Not big and roomy though, unfortunately mummy bags are all I know. You can often find it on sale.