Best 0 degree budget sleeping bag?

WYLight

FNG
Hyke and Byke down bags on Amazon are actually really great. They’re about $100-$150 and with an insulated sleeping pad you won’t be cold. The quality is actually pretty good for the cost and they pack down really well.

KurtR

WKR
been running 0 degree outdoor vitals for three years and it has served well down into the teens sleeping on snow a few times with the klymt insulated pad

Mike 338

WKR
We will be taking horses/mules into the back country so I dont think weight will be a huge issue.

You could just take another cheap bag and do a two-in-one. It's all about insulation. I wouldn't cheap out on the sleeping pad though. That cold ground will go right through you.

easychair

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a cold sleeper and rely on my Kifaru 20 slick, but I have often jumped in the kelty cosmic 0 and been crazy comfortable in cold weather.

dtrkyman

WKR
I’ve got the outdoor vitals as well, pretty nice bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll be buying the big Agnes anvil horn 0. I believe it’s 650 fill down, rectangle so room by your feet and sub 3.5 lbs. $350 if I remember right.

You could just take another cheap bag and do a two-in-one. It's all about insulation. I wouldn't cheap out on the sleeping pad though. That cold ground will go right through you.

Or maybe take a stove? I mean if weight isn’t a concern I’m not sure why you don’t take a stove.

Obviously it’s no replacement for a bag, but then if your bag isn’t quite up to snuff you just gotta keep the stove stoked.

Akshphntr

FNG
Well wiggies are the most comfortable sleep on the planet but bulkey and heavy. I am sleepin in a klymit down for backpacking very light but some condensation so far.

Mike 338

WKR
Or maybe take a stove? I mean if weight isn’t a concern I’m not sure why you don’t take a stove.

Obviously it’s no replacement for a bag, but then if your bag isn’t quite up to snuff you just gotta keep the stove stoked.

Stove isn't much help while your sleeping. Most light weight stoves need to be re-fueled often.

I’ll vouch for hyke and byke, I have the Eolus 0 degree down bag. At 3 lb and $160 I think it’s a great value.