Best baselayer that isnt merino

chwebb03

FNG
Trying to figure out the name of the baselayer Frank from Kifaru posted on his instagram he was wearing with a Hood on his mule deer hunt this week. Looking for something soft that isn't merino.

Thanks

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Back before merino wool, I used poly synthetic base layers (like ECWCS stuff of differing weights)........and still do at times for certain short duration activities.......mainly just because I don't want to ruin my merino stuff........those are for hunting season. My Icebreaker merino shirts are softer than a new cotton t-shirt......but 10 times better.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Like 5 mile said-the poly pro’s that we were issued as part of the ECWCS were good. Like with anything-adjust layers to ensure you don’t sweat.

*zap*

WKR
I would say the Sekri PCU level 1 that has 3% silver fiber im the materials. They come in boxers, t shirt, 1/4 zip top ans long bottoms. The sitka core stuff may be a good option but I have not used mine yet.

I wear the Serki stuff at work when its hot and really have no issues with smell or it drying out. It has been my next to skin layer for most temperatures when hunting for a few years now.

Huge improvement over the polypro stuff especially for next to skin and hot weather.