Best method to carry gun with pack?

Mac7

WKR
Been using the Kifaru for over 10yrs on Kifaru packs and has worked well for me. Like having the gun quickly accessible while having my hands free. Going to try it on an Exo pack this year.

Mac7

WKR
I have used an Eberlestock weapon sleeve and a Kifaru Gunbearer.

However, my current favorite system is a simple sling stud attached to my pack strap.

Frankenstud Sling Keeper - Home | Facebook

It's just a stud that affixes to the pack strap. It keeps the sling of your rifle in place.

Between my flexible rubber sling. Slogan Outdoors Slings. The Original Rubber Slings. As seen on TV and this sling stud, my rifle is secure (even over rough terrain) and easy to access, without adding stuff to my pack the adds weight or bulk.

Interested in trying a sling stud as sometimes I carry my wife's or daughter's rifle and mine or a shotgun and rifle, one in gun bearer and one on left shoulder. As to weight just weighed a Kifaru gun bearer set up 3 ounces.

C.Jones

FNG
Anyone have experience using the Kgb with and Eberlestock waist belt? Saw on their website (kifaru) they only fit Kifaru back pack belts?

byz250f

FNG
anyone have a mystery ranch quick draw setup on a Exo 5500? Looking for something more quick release style then the weapon carrier by Exo for my rifle.

Majja

FNG
I love my gun bearer. It does take a little getting use to, but not to bad. I felt that it did not really weight the side of the pack as I have my pack set up real well. It takes a bit of practice but is almost as quick as a standard sling if not as quick. I love it.