Best overall freeze dried food brands? Ty

Peak was the best, until Pinnacle Foods came along. Saw them on the go hunt shop and tried on a whim, easily the best I've had. You guys should try them out.
I’m a huge fan of Peak also. I just checked Pinnacle Foods website and those look real good. I’m going to grab a few for my next trip.

Peak, although Mtn House has some good ones. Going to try more of the items available at grocery store like Knorr and pre-packaged chicken, etc.... $14 for Peak or Mtn House here locally, need to start finding and buying it on sale.

Peak for me. Tried several and have a few favorites that I really like. Have also used Mountain House and Alpine Fare. The Peak meals are better, in my opinion, and use less water.

hoot504

FNG
So far Peak beef stroh is the high bar. If I kept them in the pantry at home they'd probably never make it outside.

I ended up pulling the trigger on a couple Pinnacle Foods meals. Had to try the Jalapeño cheddar Biscuits and gravy and the Italian Sausage Zesty Tomato.

I admit, once I found Peak Refuel I never thought I’d stray away. They saved my hatred from freeze dried meals. My cousin and I used to try a bunch of different ones when we used to go backpacking. Those meals almost ruined me from freeze dried meals forever. Backpackers Pantry and AlpineAire meals always sounded good from the description but I’ll never buy another one if my life depended on it (except for AlpineAire strawberry Granola). They were all so terrible, I could never finish a whole bag. A couple Mountain House are ok but Peak is where it’s at.

I’ll sprinkle in a new one or 2 if there’s really good feedback but I’m always hesitant to.

KHNC

WKR
Just placed my order from Packit Gourmet for this fall. Last year was the best i have eaten at elk camp ever!! Of course, they have raised their prices this year. But i ordered anyway.

Just placed my order from Packit Gourmet for this fall. Last year was the best i have eaten at elk camp ever!! Of course, they have raised their prices this year. But i ordered anyway.
I’ll have to check them out. How would you rate it compared to PEAK?

Txarcher

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Just found Alpine Ranch, they don't have many selections and I ordered one of everything a few months back. They are my new favorite but will also still use Peak also for variety. I think Alpine Ranch is pretty new to the game, their prices are a little higher but so is their calorie and protein to weight ration.

Just found Alpine Ranch, they don't have many selections and I ordered one of everything a few months back. They are my new favorite but will also still use Peak also for variety. I think Alpine Ranch is pretty new to the game, their prices are a little higher but so is their calorie and protein to weight ration.
Just checked them out. They look pretty good, I think I’ll grab a couple

KHNC

WKR
I’ll have to check them out. How would you rate it compared to PEAK?
Have not tried PEAK , but i cant see how PEAK could possibly be any better. Packit is really great for freeze dried. I was pretty amazed.

Have not tried PEAK , but i cant see how PEAK could possibly be any better. Packit is really great for freeze dried. I was pretty amazed.
half of packit’s stuff you have to finish in a skillet, pain in the ass.

Santa Fe Corn Pudding is a great camp side with a steak though​

half of packit’s stuff you have to finish in a skillet, pain in the ass.

Santa Fe Corn Pudding is a great camp side with a steak though​

Yeah after looking at Packit’s stuff it was a hard pass for me. I want as easy as possible when I get back to camp wiped and ready to go to bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Peak at this point ended my search.
I can eat the mountain berry and strawberry breakfast all day in the field and not get sick of it. It’s the only breakfast I buy anymore

TaperPin

WKR
Mountain house and a cup o noodles - the cup o noodle gives you a fresh coffee/hot chocolate/spiced cider insulated cup. Oh, and baggies with instant stuffing, instant potatoes and powdered gravy! That made my mouth water just now. Lol

Looks like peak is worth trying!

Dehydrated fruits are turning up more in the bulk food isle and Winco had some large bags of dehydrated stuff in the prepper section.

Am I the only one who finds dehydrated strawberries oddly delicious!? 😁

Grits with bouillon cube in the morning. Summer sausage stick cut into bits

Lunch fiber 1 bar, jerky, nuts, cheese, crackers

Dinner-homemade dehydrated meals

Tried a lot of the freeze dried meals just not for me. Been doing it homemade style since