Best trail cameras?

roadhntr

FNG
Typically you get what you pay for when it comes to trail cams. Although I did buy some cheap Bushnell's several years ago that have produced great pictures.

A week in with my Tactacam Gen 2.0 and happy with the quality of images and their IOS app so far. There were a few glitches during set up (SIM card did not match camera), but customer support was incredibly helpful and responsive.

Been running Browning for a while and they have held up well. The odd glitch but they still work.

I run them on AA's from spring until the bears go to sleep, then switch them all over to 12v10ah lithium to run until early spring. I run them on video mod 10 sec, 1or 2 min intervals, and I have gotten 15000+ videos and the battery was still at 100%. And this in in northern BC, so they run through the cold winter.

I am slowly replacing my old Simmons and Bushnell (all 2012 models) with Gardepro A3s as they start to die. The issue is that they still keep running throughout the season. I also have a couple 2012/13 Spypoints that keep pushing out pictures.

Cell cams are illegal to use from Aug 1 to Dec 10, so I cannot comment on cell cams.

Cheers

SS