Best Wind Checker?

OP
Fowl Play

Fowl Play

WKR
+1 for this one.

For one handed:
Take your pocket knife and widdle an angle on the cap underneath the folding spout. This will allow your finger to grab the spout one handed, even with gloves on.
View attachment 545103
Great idea.... feel like I should have thought of this at some point. Thanks!

And for all those saying milkweed, wasn't even on my radar before this chat. Appreciate it. I can definitely see the benefits.

I use the Smoke in a Bottle. It works really well. Keep in mind that just because there is some visible in the bottle it might not work as the first day you used it. It's like there are some larger/heavier particles in there and some lighter, and the lighter ones come out first. If it's not working like it was new time to chuck it and get a new one.

I would love to try milkweed, that sounds ideal.

I'm not as dependent on wind checker as it sounds like some of you, but I tend to always feel the wind on my neck/face, like I'm pretty sensitive to it.

Smoke in a bottle by Moccasin Joe has been my favorite.
For the most versatility in any conditions, it’s my choice too and haven’t found anything comparable, always in my bino harness

Like milkweed for bear hunting from glassing points seeing where my wind goes long range, but smoke in a bottle is my 99% product

MattB

WKR
Smoke in a bottle by Moccasin Joe has been my favorite.
And when you run out of the factory stuff, fill the bottle with unscented talcum powder. Nearly as good as the SIAB product and a couple of 1# bottles will last a lifetime.

When you travel with them, put them in those snack-sized ziplocks. Don't ask me why I know to do this. Too soon...