Big daypack for a 6'5" 295lb guy...

Hey all, I'm a big guy who's going on an elk hunt in NM next year, I'll be hunting on horses, so I dont need to be able to carry a weeks worth of stuff, but I DO need a pack big enough to fit me, so I'm considering buying a bigger frame pack than I need. I'd rather not spend more than I need to, but I'd like a good pack. Any suggestions? Thx!

Archery or rifle? To me it makes a difference. If it was archery I would take the HPG Junction. For rifle this year in CO I am taking a MR Scapegoat 35.

Rifle, may I ask your size? I specifically need a big guy pack, I bought an Eberlestock high-speed that is a beautiful pack. But doesnt fit!

On my scapegoat MR made me a XL belt. I bought the large size and the belt wouldn't buckle. So a phone call fixed that right up. To be honest though I have loaded the Junction with more weight than the Scapegoat and walked with both. The Junction was more comfy I believe due to the really wide shoulder straps. If I could step back and redo it I would've bought the Umlindi and had a pack for both

If you check out HPG shoulder straps and see the pic you'll get it. They are huge and far apart which I love.

Back