Big Guys, what pack?

IrishnId

WKR
Sounds like we have the exact same body structure. I've tried the Badlands, and Eberlestock packs with no real way to get comfortable. I just pinied up the cash for the Kifaru HC7000 with bikini frame, and WOW! It is actually comfortable. Not just tolarable but comfortable. Highly recommend it.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I like your straight forward approach Bighorse. :)

I'm not a big guy, but I can vouch for the effectiveness of the aforementioned four step process.

Yk

Yep something so simplify perfect about that!!!

BTW by Moffat standards you are giant. :D

OP
BigShane54

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, thanks everyone! It looks like Kifaru is the big man favorite! I think I'm gonna have to give it a shot.

Jdog

WKR
I am 6'8" and 235-240 lbs with a 34-36" waist.

Kifaru duplex frame with a High Camp 7000 fits me well.

geriggs

WKR
I just bought a timberline 2 (composite stays). I love it. havent had much time with it but the more i get familiar with it the more i think i will love it. Im 6'2" 280. 46 in waist. right at 5 pounds.....its a no brainer.

OP
BigShane54

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I ordered the Kifaru Timberline! Cant wait to get it. I just have to hope it is the right pack for me since it takes 6 weeks to ship, it looks like it will be here within a day or 2 of my trip. So, that means probably no practice hikes, just get it and go!

shaun

WKR
Awesome man glad you pulled the triger. Like I PM'd you if you make it down inthis area just let me know and I can let you try mine

OP
BigShane54

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks again shaun, pretty sure Im not gonna be back down there any time soon, but if I do, I will definitely let you know!