Blazn vs Yoder

Can anyone with a blazan or yoder post picts?

I need to have size enough for 6-8 racks of ribs.
dont screw around then, get the 640 (or blazn's equivalent largest size). You'll seldom wish you had a smaller cooker but often wish it was bigger.

I would also add pitts & spitts to your list of considerables.

Had mine for 8 years and use it all year even the dead of winter and the pitboss wont die.
I bought a laredo from walmart last year and the pot is almost gone, it errors all the time, I cleaned the temp probe as they wanted me to and it still errors.

YS640 2012 model year. I’ve replaced a thermocouple and an igniter. Just purchased a new diffuser plate with fire box access. Some day I’ll upgrade the controller to the newest version. Mine lives outside in the summer under a cover and under a roof in the winter. I should reseal and paint it in the next couple of years.

Expensive yes. Used ones are out there. Yoder does have refurbished models from time to time and All Things BBQ has scratch and dents from time to time.

https://www.atbbq.com/?tf_source=go...MI7rPL44a1gwMVE87CBB1zkwF8EAAYASAAEgIPqPD_BwE

Here are a few pics in different configurations

IMG_2816.jpegIMG_1334.jpegIMG_1123.jpegIMG_8627.jpeg

I can cook six racks of spare ribs on my 480 with no room to spare. You want the 640 if you need to do more.

Last edited:
Rokslide, the millionaires hunting club! I need to go back over to LRH and argue with them about hammers.
Tell them about your Vortex too.

The Yoders have gone up in price since we got ours, I think we paid $1600ish. I feel like the Traegers were $1kish and comparing sheet metal to 10/12 gauge steel was and is a no brainer. Let alone where they are made.
https://shop.proudsoulsbbq.com/shop/Yoder-YS480s-Pellet-Grill-p510208550

Apparently I'm out of pork, but these are beef racks in a 480 Yoder. The top slide out thing is the same size.
PXL_20231229_173629310.jpg

Someone asked about ash. We just dump the grate out in the bottom each burn, and then shop vac every few weeks.
PXL_20231229_173911067.jpgPXL_20231229_173917773.jpg

Last edited:
Back