Bmi

bourbon

Lil-Rokslider
When a person goes to the doctor (primary care), for probably at least the last 30-40 years there is a high likelihood the doctor will say the following. You're overweight......based on an antiquated formula. They may recommend a low fat, high carb (oh but "good carbs") diet, based on shit science. And there is a super high likelihood the doc will prescribe some sort of anti-depressant, sleep aid, or anti-anxiety medication.....even to your kids!

Many primary care physicians are nothing more than drug dealers (albeit prescription) and 90% of their value (at least to me) is taken from the fact that they can order blood work. With Google, there is NO excuse for any of us to walk into a primary care physician's office and have them tell us anything we couldn't have already figured out for ourselves. Controversial statements? Yes. Should they be controversial? Nope. With that being said, some physicians are doing it right, most are not.
Agree 1000000000000000%

jmez

WKR
Formula:

Height x Bodyweight x ape index divided by body fat % + 1RM deadlift minus 1RM Standing Shoulder Press divided by Vo2 max x max speed while running with the bulls (Spain) minus 1/2 of your vertical jump before taking a dump + 1/2 of your vertical jump after taking a dump. Do this math problem while standing in front of a mirror deciding whether or not you look fat :)

Judging by what I see every day about 90% of the population is going to come up with the correct answer. "I'm &^#$ing fat."

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using BMI would be like putting all the same year class vehicles in the same blue book for a value.......without distinguishing what make, model, or engine type they have......it DOESN'T work or mean a damn thing. Go have your BF checked if are concerned about it.

kodiakfly

WKR
Morbid obesity here. I'm not saying I'm thin, but I'm heavy into the weights, so I'm pretty beefy. According to BMI chart, I should've died five years ago.

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Navy used a taping method for the last decade or so that was absolutely ridiculous. I'm 6'4", 220 which is overweight by their standards so I have to get taped. Waistline-neck=body fat %. By that standard, I'm at 19%. I caliper around 13%, and the day that 6'4" 220 is out of shape...absurd.