Book recommendations

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
This is phenomenal. I enjoy reading about people overcoming hardship. This reads like Fiction but is a true story.

Attachments

• IMG_9694.jpeg
    IMG_9694.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 38

Ozkmntdoc

FNG
The Misson, The Men, and Me- Pete Blaber.
It’s about his time as a Delta Operator. Lots of great leadership points, and a great description of traversing The Bob in winter.

Three Sips of Gin- Tim Bax

About a British Canadian’s Journey to be come a Selous Scout. It’s hilarious and has African big game hunting.

A Splendid Savage- Steve Kemper

About Frederick Douglas Burnham, and his wandering across the US and Africa. Hunting, war, digging for gold.

DisplacedHusky

Lil-Rokslider
One more:

“The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare”

It’s about British SAS saboteurs in WWII and it looks like it will be a Guy Ritchie film released this year. I always prefer to read the book before watching the film.

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
I just looked on my bookshelf and was reminded of The River of Doubt. You’d probably like that one too. Roosevelt expedition.
River of Doubt is a fantastic book. I started it on Christmas Day and finished it yesterday.

I also recommend "On the Border with Crook". It's a firsthand account of General Crook’s campaigns during the American Indian Wars.

dwils233

FNG
Undaunted courage, labyrinth of ice and anything by dick couch are some that come to mind and are pretty easy reads for leisure.

Labyrinth of Ice started a long streak of Artic and Antarctic exploration books for me- gripping stuff that just puts how comfy our modern lives are to complete shame.

Second best one I read was In the Kingdom of Ice, but honestly I don't think I've hated a single book on the subject. Page turners for sure

mclipp

FNG
Labyrinth of Ice started a long streak of Artic and Antarctic exploration books for me- gripping stuff that just puts how comfy our modern lives are to complete shame.

Second best one I read was In the Kingdom of Ice, but honestly I don't think I've hated a single book on the subject. Page turners for sure
Yep, we do live a comfy life.
Alone on the Ice
good read

dwils233

FNG
I've been a big fan of John Mooallem the last year:

This is Chance: How community got through the 1964 Alaska earthquake
American Hippopotamus: We were so close to having African megafauna in the swamps of America
Wild Ones: A really important read about extinction and wildlife in the modern world. This is one of my most recommended books to folks who work in conversation- both greenies and sportsmen

Big fan of the writer C J Box and his Joe Pickett series. Easy to read mystery novels with new edition released in February. Mark Sprague lives in the same small Montana town I live in. Nice guy that writes serious literature. I would recommend Fruit of Stone about ranch life.

49ereric

WKR
Well it’s that time of year that I spend upwards of 18 hours a day sitting in a pickup waiting on stubborn bovines to calve and as I can only spend so much time on rokslide a day I was hoping for some book recommendations. Specifically looking for any hunting/outdoor type books but also like military and history types as well. Bonus if it’s available on the kindle app so I can read it on my phone.
Catch 22 if you have not read it or read it again 👍

Kilboars

WKR
c318a9b6eb3782445c43efdbee5a598c.jpg

Great book on the inventor of the Diesel Engine and how it change the world.
Something I’m amazed we didn’t learn in school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk