Boot laces

Any recommendations for bullet proof boot laces? Day 5 of my Idaho spring bear trip both my Crispi laces gave up the ghost. Made some new ones out of 550 cord but couldn’t get them as tight as I’d like.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
OBENAUFS!

If you just search Obenaufs laces they will pop up. They are lightly coated in bees wax, hold extremely well so you dont have to double know them. Every pair of boots I get immediately get a pair of obenauf laces for them. I have a pair of boots I wore about 300 days a year for about 4 years. Still have the same pair of laces on them.

They were designed by hotshot firefighters.

OP
CApighunter
OBENAUFS!

If you just search Obenaufs laces they will pop up. They are lightly coated in bees wax, hold extremely well so you dont have to double know them. Every pair of boots I get immediately get a pair of obenauf laces for them. I have a pair of boots I wore about 300 days a year for about 4 years. Still have the same pair of laces on them.

Awesome I’ll check them out!

OBENAUFS!

They also sell them at D&B and probably other stores Obenaufs is sold at

Schnee’s laces are legit. I have run them in my beartooth’s and crispi boots, never had an issue in hundreds of miles.

I saw some Kevlar boot laces advertised somewhere, can't remember the name of them. I will try to find them and post info.

Found these: rhinolaces.com I have never used them, but they are chemical and fire resistant. They have a lifetime guarantee, and if you use the code MEMORIAL19 when you buy 2 pair, you get a 3rd pair free

Final edit: Duluth trading has the Kevlar boot laces that are fire and chemical resistant.

Last edited:
I purchased these laces from Amazon on a recommendation from someone here and have been impressed by them so far. The guy that recommended them said the laces will last longer than your boots.

2backcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Best bullet proof laces I've used are Rhino laces …...I run them on my wildland boots for work and my crispis.

Paracord 550 was ok but does breakdown over time and melts fairly easy.

BOOT GUARD Kevlar-Nylon KG-XTREME heavy duty boot laces
866-547-2668 kgsbootguard.com

been working great for me in all boots, work and play

Hondo

WKR
I have Rhino laces on 2 pairs of boots and they are, by far, the toughest laces I have ever used. The aglets, however, don't fit through all boot lacing hardware (like some bearing equipped) and the diameter of the laces poses the same problem with some boots. I've found KG Kevlar laces with a more conventional diameter to be more versatile and much cheaper.

gldenhwk

FNG
I've used bank line for the past 3 years .. same laces with almost 300 days in and no sign of wear or tears .. super cheap by the foot and cut to fit .. they've discolored a bit now but still very strong .. I used the slightly larger diameter and in black and the thinner gold stuff .. black ones worked a lot better in both holding power, life, and ease on the hands

I've tried these on two pairs of boots and could not keep them from coming untied. How are you packing them?

gldenhwk

FNG
The bank line? I tend to lace my boots slightly differently and lock lace them. What I mean by this is instead of having the lace go from bottom to top on the individual speed lace hooks, I wrap them top to bottom so the laces cross at each speed lace hook, this creates as friction point. I've also always double tied the ears on my laces so that may be where I've had success. The bank line I've also used is kinda tacky and holds well. My dad is from Nova Scotia, Canada, and got the spool from an ocean fishing gear supplier out there so not sure if its the same line as on Amazon so I may be lucky

boom

WKR
Schnee’s laces are legit. I have run them in my beartooth’s and crispi boots, never had an issue in hundreds of miles.

this. i love the perfect amount of stretch. the stretch allows them to stay tight on my feet without coming loose. on the flip side, my Soloman boots have a strong lace but it stretches very little. they need a double knot to keep them tight.

I use tuna cord knots stay tight and lasts for a long time. Buy a roll of it and and it is pretty useful for lots of things