Boot reccomendation for Canadian shield

Cb750

FNG
So I baited bear today in central ontario in an area that is pure Canadian Shield. My feet are euchred now. I'm wondering if anyone might have boot style reccomendations for this area. Essentially theres not a flat piece of earth to be found. Its massive rocks jutting up from the earth fallen timber and swamps. There are often any number of jagged rocks that are loose sitting on top of the main ridge rock formation hidden under moss or fallen pine needles. Elevation changes are constant but normally in tens of feet not hundreds and thousands. Because of the loose rock side hilling is typically short lived.

I wore old army issue warm weather boots remembering fondly how I loved them 20yrs ago. I wore a single thin layer sock because the boots ran a little tight. In retrospect they have been too thin. I have blisters on my heels similar to the ad that runs on here.
Oh it rained a ton! while I was out literally had water running like a tap from my socks.

Any recommendations for boot style for this area? I'm not likely to hunt these areas in heavy rain but due to time and travel etc... baiting will have to get done regardless of weather. Would a slightly thicker sock fixed the issue? (Instict says yes) The boots are pretty flexible and offer zero support from the heel cup up.

Sorry for the long question.