Bourbon hunting

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
Where’s my bourbon drinkers at? I’m in Ohio and looking for a few things, figured I’d reach out on here to my fellow hunters maybe someone could pick something up around them that’s not available around here and vice versa. Got a small list below of what I’m looking for if it’s something you think you can help me out with let me know! Can provide my number for easier contact

E.h Taylor barrel proof - Virginia ABC only release this once a year
E.h Taylor small batch - VABC releases this every couple of months. Bourbon hunters line up about an hour before open to get them
E.h Taylor single barrel - VABC release this once a year
Stagg JR - VABC releases this twice a year. Bourbon hunters line up 1-2 hours before open to get them
Eagle rare - VABC release this about once a month. You have to show up to stores when they open to get them
Angels envy cask - Have seen them on the shelf from time to time, but for the most part have to get there at store open
Angels envy straight - readily available
Weller blue bottle - Released once a year
Weller black bottle - Not available in Virginia
Weller green bottle - for some reason was released once a year instead of every month or so
Weller red bottle - released once every few months but have to get there 1-2 hours before open to score one
1792 barrel - released every few months but have to get there an hour before open to score
1792 small batch - readily available
1792 sweet - released once a year and have to wait in line before open
Blantons - released once a month or every other month. have to wait in line for 1-2 hours to score one
Buffalo trace - released each month, have to be there when store opens to score one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got into bourbon before the major boom so I am lucky to have had or have a bottle of the bottles you have listed.

If I go to the store and find anything, I'll hit you up.

I have quit hunting most Buffalo Trace products because there are plenty of other great readily available bourbons out there. I am also more interested in store picks and group barrel picks as they typically are much better also.

I've been looking for Stagg Jr for 2 years here in Idaho. 2 years ago it was pretty available. Have not seen a bottle since. Local liquor store got 1 shipment of 4 bottles this year.

Nosferatu

Lil-Rokslider
I believe Woodinville Whiskey Company Straight Bourbon is available in your neck of the woods now. They are (fairly) local to me and it's my go-to. They have been a micro distillery for a long time, but are now branching out and reaching other markets.

bobr1

WKR
Where’s my bourbon drinkers at? I’m in Ohio and looking for a few things, figured I’d reach out on here to my fellow hunters maybe someone could pick something up around them that’s not available around here and vice versa. Got a small list below of what I’m looking for if it’s something you think you can help me out with let me know! Can provide my number for easier contact

E.h Taylor barrel proof
E.h Taylor small batch
E.h Taylor single barrel
Stagg JR
Eagle rare
Angels envy cask
Angels envy straight
Weller blue bottle
Weller black bottle
Weller green bottle
Weller red bottle
1792 barrel
1792 small batch
1792 sweet
Blantons
Buffalo trace

I got most of the ones you listed. PM me if you want and let me know where you live. bourbon has gotten stupid over the past 5 to 10 years. I used to be able to get pappy 12 year right off the shelf ($40 a bottle) before they started making it famous in the media. Got a bottle of 20 and 23 from way before for nothing and planned to drink them occasionally. Now, seeing how much they are going for I might sell them eventually to some snob. I’d rather get the money and drink eagle rare for like $30 a bottle.

LuvDog

FNG
My go to website for good bourbon is Wooden Cork. I spend way too much money on that damn site...

No wonder you spend too much money at that site with those prices. I understand the bourbon craze runs prices up, but I guess it's been a while since I searched for some specific things.

minengr

FNG
It has been a couple of years since I last saw a bottle of Blanton's or anything with Weller's on the label. I can hardly find Buffalo Trace in my area, and when you do you're limited to one bottle. I gave up and started drinking other things. Larceny is my current favorite.

Living in Utah :rolleyes:
5xsnlh.jpg
I feel the pain. The LDS liquor department doesn’t want us drinking. I do have some high west midwinters dram and some high country bottles tho. They are delicious.

fatlander

WKR
I’ve got extras of taylor small batch, stagg jr, and Buffalo trace. You for anything you’re willing to trade?

gunrush128

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re in central Ohio, check out the liquor store in Johnstown. They have a great selection most of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Travis907

WKR
Old Elk is delicious. However it is made in Indiana and bottled in CO. Old Elk sources their whiskey.
I’m good friends with the nephew of the master distiller of Old Elk. He worked 38 years at Seagram’s Distillery in Lawrenceburg, Indiana and now CO where they make and bottle the tasty Old Elk. I just double checked what I was telling you was correct, I hate to put false info. out there. I have shared many bottles of Old Elk and heard the story’s from the master distillers nephew. Whatever the case may be it’s a very good affordable whiskey!