Bourbon hunting

Felton

WKR
Eagle rare is on sale at the local package store for $40.

One of my clients gave me a bottle of rip van winkle 10 year for Christmas.

I really like four roses. I think it’s an over looked bourbon. Any of their small batch stuff is good. Try some!

awasome

Lil-Rokslider
I’m good friends with the nephew of the master distiller of Old Elk. He worked 38 years at Seagram’s Distillery in Lawrenceburg, Indiana and now CO where they make and bottle the tasty Old Elk. I just double checked what I was telling you was correct, I hate to put false info. out there. I have shared many bottles of Old Elk and heard the story’s from the master distillers nephew. Whatever the case may be it’s a very good affordable whiskey!
It is all good. Many whiskey distilleries open up and sell sources whiskey until their batches mature.

I love everything I have had from Old Elk and always recommend it to friends looking for something other than the normal bourbons. You can't ever go wrong picking up one of their bottles!

GotDraw?

WKR
There is a bottle Stagg Jr locally.
$359 and it's yours.

Same shop also has Orphan Barrel Muckety Muck around $269.

Serious markups for serious Bourbans going on.

LMK

Best,

JL

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
My boss keeps getting me good stuff (pappy, woodford, heavens door) for any reason (christmas, birthday, any work milestone lol). At a christmas gift exchange I got a thing of jim bean and couldnt even drink it. I told my wife my taste has gotten much more expensive-

My boss keeps getting me good stuff (pappy, woodford, heavens door) for any reason (christmas, birthday, any work milestone lol). At a christmas gift exchange I got a thing of jim bean and couldnt even drink it. I told my wife my taste has gotten much more expensive-
Any job vacancies at your work? I'd take payments in Pappy....

bobr1

WKR
$40 TYD, firm. I know what I got
71126b87486bff29b97f74e39cad7757.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Funny how things change where people live. I can get this for $25 a bottle fairly regularly. Most people don’t know or care about it

manthb3

FNG
I hope since you posted this you have been able to cross some of those bottles off your list. You have also likely added way more to it. Being in Ohio you have the OHLQ that runs raffles on allocated bourbons. Follow them on FB and enter when they come up.

Bluumoon

WKR
I can find a lot of the Buffalo Trace products locally, but they doubled their prices this year so I quit buying them. Guess I don't care that much anymore.... Old Forester 1920 is a good one to try ~$60.

Literally just google the one you want. What one can’t you find? Prices may not be what you want to pay since there is magically a shortage on this as well due to the rona .
Most of those have been tough to find in lots of places for years.

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't seen the Old Forrester single around here, we need and test report....
I got the barrel strength (pictured) and my neighbor snagged the 100 proof, and we tasted them as soon as we got home. Both were very good, the barrel strength (130 proof) was a bit much to really taste it all but a couple drops of water really opened it up. The 100 proof was excellent, probably the best bottle we got between the 2 of us.

Spoonman

WKR
Most of those have been tough to find in lots of places for years.
All I’m saying is if you look hard enough you’ll find them. It’s been 8 months since I posted the comment you quoted and since that time I’ve probably purchased 1/3-1/2 of that list for myself or gifts. I called all the ma and pa stores and state stores. Persistence pays off! 🥃

All I’m saying is if you look hard enough you’ll find them. It’s been 8 months since I posted the comment you quoted and since that time I’ve probably purchased 1/3-1/2 of that list for myself or gifts. I called all the ma and pa stores and state stores. Persistence pays off! 🥃
All I'm saying is that it ain't covid.

Bourbon got popular several years before.