Bow Company Transparency

Rob5589

WKR
Speed is greatly overhyped.
Elite makes a great product and as a company are deeply in debt. Help them out and buy one of their bows.

I would say the transparency hasn't helped. I read good things about them but like Obsession, I would be hesitant to buy a bow from a company in financial trouble.

Reactions: NME
OP
N

NME

FNG
bow company transparency? do you mean whether you can see through their marketing hype or not?
I just thought that it was cool how they tell you upfront what you can get from the bow. Other companies don’t do that (we can guess how fast it will be and it will prob be close of course). I just was trying to see what you all thought as to why Elite is the only company to specifically say at 27.5” this w/350grn arrow at such speed you can expect this speed you know. My assumption as to why others don’t give expected speeds at multiple DL is because it may shy someone away from buying it. I know speed isn’t everything what really matters is the whole package and how you are with it.

Ultimately, what Elite did stood out to me. I was wondering the experts here thoughts on that and about their bows because I am looking for a new one while I am overseas and cannot actually test a bow out.

rodney482

WKR
I would say the transparency hasn't helped. I read good things about them but like Obsession, I would be hesitant to buy a bow from a company in financial trouble.

there are a bunch struggling right now.TOG invested heavily and then made some crazy decisions....biggest mistake was getting rid of Pete.

Wright406

WKR
Personally I would wait until you return from overseas and base your decision on how the bow feels in your hand. Assuming you'll like the bow due to a discount or the speeds may leave you wishing you tried something else. I'm a firm believer in shooting all major companies bows then basing my decision on which one felt best and which fit me the best. By not getting too wrapped up in the numbers I can decide the best option. Dont buy a bow just because they are in financial issues, this could lead to poor or in the future nonexistent customer service and maybe bad QC. Just my 2 cents. Congrats on retirement!

OP
N

NME

FNG
Personally I would wait until you return from overseas and base your decision on how the bow feels in your hand. Assuming you'll like the bow due to a discount or the speeds may leave you wishing you tried something else. I'm a firm believer in shooting all major companies bows then basing my decision on which one felt best and which fit me the best. By not getting too wrapped up in the numbers I can decide the best option. Dont buy a bow just because they are in financial issues, this could lead to poor or in the future nonexistent customer service and maybe bad QC. Just my 2 cents. Congrats on retirement!
Great points! Just not much to do here and it’s killing me not shooting at all. It is a big investment though and deep down inside I know I’ll regret spending that much on a unseen purchase. Maybe I’ll just get a cheaper used one for the time being. Thanks for the advice and thanks for the congrats!!

mattwill00

Lil-Rokslider
Just out of curiosity, where is everyone getting the idea that Elite is in financial trouble? The ritual line was IMO one of the best in 18/19 (after the cam issue was dealt with), they are owned by the outdoor group (Scott, CBE, winner's choice), and the kure seems to get good reviews although I haven't personally shot one. I've heard this before too, but it's always been hearsay or 2nd hand sources. Just wondering where it all comes from?? Not doubting anyone just personally curious

rodney482

WKR
I know people...... The industry is very small.

Just out of curiosity, where is everyone getting the idea that Elite is in financial trouble? The ritual line was IMO one of the best in 18/19 (after the cam issue was dealt with), they are owned by the outdoor group (Scott, CBE, winner's choice), and the kure seems to get good reviews although I haven't personally shot one. I've heard this before too, but it's always been hearsay or 2nd hand sources. Just wondering where it all comes from?? Not doubting anyone just personally curious

MattB

WKR
I just thought that it was cool how they tell you upfront what you can get from the bow. Other companies don’t do that (we can guess how fast it will be and it will prob be close of course). I just was trying to see what you all thought as to why Elite is the only company to specifically say at 27.5” this w/350grn arrow at such speed you can expect this speed you know. My assumption as to why others don’t give expected speeds at multiple DL is because it may shy someone away from buying it. I know speed isn’t everything what really matters is the whole package and how you are with it.

Ultimately, what Elite did stood out to me. I was wondering the experts here thoughts on that and about their bows because I am looking for a new one while I am overseas and cannot actually test a bow out.

It is pretty easy to use an online calculator to come up with the same information with other bows. I wouldn't read too much into it, and I definately wouldn't buy a bow based on the manufacturer publishing that sort if data.

Marble

WKR
Great points! Just not much to do here and it’s killing me not shooting at all. It is a big investment though and deep down inside I know I’ll regret spending that much on a unseen purchase. Maybe I’ll just get a cheaper used one for the time being. Thanks for the advice and thanks for the congrats!!
Why not get a used bow for less, practice practice practice, then when you return, sell it or keep it,, reward yourself with the bow that fits you!