Broadhead suggestions ?

brewer427

WKR
So at this point I'm thinking Deep Six XD 295's cut at 30.5" with 125gr Grim Reapers coming in around 495gr total weight with everything. Any advice on fletchings ?
https://arizonaarchery.com/Shop/vanes-fletchings/143-max-stealth-vane.html
Started running these last season and like em a lot better then Blazers. Very quiet and have shot good with several different heads, exodus, slick trick, ulmers and grim reapers. Seen them when I swung into trophy taker and Dan Evans had just fletched up a dozen and he swears by them.

JP100

WKR
If your shooting any big pigs id go with fixed blades.
Have used Muzzys with success. G5 Montec and shuttle Ts work well.

I have been using 130gn 2 blade Northerns http://northernbroadheads.webs.com/
Might not look cool or have fancy blades that pop out, but the last 4 animals I shot didnt make 10 yards. and the broad heads are good to use again. Shoot through bone all day long.
and they are pretty cheap

The Magnus Stingers are razor sharp, fly real nice, and have lifetime replacement warranty that I have used with no problems. Just use a Rinehart target and they are guaranteed for 1 year even if using broadheads. I just started testing the VPA 3 blades last summer (no hunting with em yet) and they fly real nice and are REAL tough. I had to chizel a head out of a tree and it still flys fine.

TheTone

WKR
Skip the deep six idea and buy some arrows that allow you to use standard thread broadheads. So many more good options out there if you go that route. I've been very happy using magnus stingers for years

gelton

WKR
Check out the vpa 3 blade vented. Also, for great advice on building arrows or to have some custom built to your specs call Jerry at South Shore Archery he is also in Florida and is highly regarded for his arrows. His shop is in Riverview Florida.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
So at this point I'm thinking Deep Six XD 295's cut at 30.5" with 125gr Grim Reapers coming in around 495gr total weight with everything. Any advice on fletchings ?

I've got some perfect arrows for your setup in the Classifieds......Black Eagle Rampage 250's in .001" straightness fletched with FF SK200 and SK300 vanes. They were built and spine indexed by Jerry at SSAS. Let me know if you're interested in them. I'll split them up into 1/2 doz as well.

As for BH's, I didn't like the Ulmers. I still have two 125gr Stainless new heads. I like Wac'ems, Strikers, Shuttle T's, Ramcats, Spitfires.....all in 125gr.

I shoot 70lbs and 32 1/2" draw, so any of my arrows would work for you. And I shoot a lot of BH's, so I just replace targets when I need to.

If you are dead set on Deep Six arrows, I dont have any suggestions for you as I have never used them and havent really looked at whats available for them.

But I will say that I used Slick Tricks for 9 years and liked them, but recently switched to Magnus Buzzcuts last year and absolutely love them. They seem to be more consistent, quieter in flight, sharper, they fly exactly like my field points, and have a lifetime warranty. As long as Magnus keeps making those heads with the same quality as they are now, they have a customer for life.

OG DramaLlama

Epic Rokslider
I shoot an Athens Testament, 28.5" draw/72lb.

I ended up going with the 250 Black Eagle Renegade with the stainless steel insert, 56 grn. Went with Blazers for fletching.

Decided on the VPA 3-Blade vented broadheads, 100 grn. for all the reasons previously stated in this thread.

Only addition would be that there was very little tuning needed when switched from my field points to broadheads, so very forgiving on my setup. Small micro adjustments to my rest and I was ready to hit the field.

Solid makes another really good broadhead, but I have yet to shoot one because anytime I get looking to buy no one has them in stock.