Budget-ish tripod for binos and shooting?

I’ve read through a lot of threads and haven’t seen much consistency in regards to more budget minded tripods that can support the weight of a hunting rifle 8-10lbs but something that doesn’t weight too much 6+lbs

Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ID_Matt

WKR
Less than 6+ pounds is pretty generous! I have giant tripods I use for PRS that weigh less, but I would never use them hunting. If you plan on shooting much off of it, nothing compares in my opinion to an RRS anvil 30 head, but a good ball head does OK. As for budget tripods, look in to:

Two vets Kit
Two vets ruck
Leofoto SA324CL (only for an anvil type head)

OP
T
I bought one of these last year and it works pretty well using the arca plate on my 9# rifle, as well as using a davros head on a lighter xbolt.

Under 4lbs with load capacity of 35lbs and includes everything needed (other than something to attach to the rifle) and under $300. Thank you sir!

Curious why you didn’t go with something like to Bog death grip? Wondering because being able to gently clamp the gun at its balance point seems like it would be the most stable but I’ve never tried it

Lytro

WKR
Curious why you didn’t go with something like to Bog death grip? Wondering because being able to gently clamp the gun at its balance point seems like it would be the most stable but I’ve never tried it
I initially bought it for a specific rifle I built that I attached an arca plate to directly in front of the mag well. I couldn't get any more balanced than that. Plus I didn't want another aluminum tripod.

OP
T
The primo trigger stick tripod gen 3 with a gun clamp attached is generally not recommended correct?

Kurts86

WKR
The Leofoto LS-324 as mentioned early is a good option especially on sale. I got mine on an Amazon deal for under $300 with the ball head. It’s right at 4lbs so you could even get the LS-364 for more stability and be under 6 lbs.

Tullis94

WKR
Under 4lbs with load capacity of 35lbs and includes everything needed (other than something to attach to the rifle) and under $300. Thank you sir!

This tripod can be bought on Amazon under the brand name Innorell or Artcise for much less. Just an FYI.

ElPollo

WKR
This tripod can be bought on Amazon under the brand name Innorell or Artcise for much less. Just an FYI.
I’ve been doing a lot of looking for a tripod set up that I can both glass and shoot off of. I think I’m about to land on one of the Innorell/Arctise tripods with a Leofoto LH-40SK ball head. The ball head gives me the option of either arca or picatinny. I prefer the latter because it’s lower profile on the rifle. Ball heads aren’t the best for glassing, but this one allows for panning without loosening the whole head.

Tullis94

WKR
I’ve been doing a lot of looking for a tripod set up that I can both glass and shoot off of. I think I’m about to land on one of the Innorell/Arctise tripods with a Leofoto LH-40SK ball head. The ball head gives me the option of either arca or picatinny. I prefer the latter because it’s lower profile on the rifle. Ball heads aren’t the best for glassing, but this one allows for panning without loosening the whole head.
Most ball heads allow you to pan without loosening the ball. The ones that come on the innorel are pretty decent. I have shot off them quite a bit.

I’m in the same boat looking for a good system for shooting/ glassing without breaking the bank. I just recently bought the Slik 634. Although I haven’t shot off of it yet I wouldn’t think it would be very applicable to shooting unless it’s in a sitting or prone position. I’m also debating on heads

Geewhiz

WKR
Bought one of the innorel tripods last year. I put my own head on it. I used it a fair bit through rifle season and am pleased this far, especially for the price. A guy I work with liked it so much he bought one too.

Tullis94

WKR
Last edited:

Fitzwho

WKR
I have been using the Oben CT-2491 for the last few years. More than stout enough for shooting off of. Weighs about 3.5lbs without a head. For shooting I added a Davros head and Outdoorsman's Quick Detach swivel base for switching back and forth between the Davros on my pistol grip.

I just bought the Tricer AD head for a lighter setup. Should save me about 1.5lbs on the tripod itself, but it feels just as stout, at least at sitting heights. It's not tall enough for me to shoot off of standing up without the center post being fully extended (I'm 6'-5"). But should still work for glassing standing up if it isn't windy.

OP
T
Most ball heads allow you to pan without loosening the ball. The ones that come on the innorel are pretty decent. I have shot off them quite a bit.

Do you by chance know the model for the innorel on Amazon?