Bug spray that doesn’t effect gear

sivart

WKR
I read somewhere that deet can damage some camping material? Is this a thing? What bug spray do you recommend

Another vote for permethrin. It's not supposed to be applied directly to the skin but works great for treating clothes/gear. Spray or soak prior to use then let air dry.

Deet is rough on gear, especially synthetic. I used to have clients melt the coating off flylines after applying 100% deet with their hands.

Just remember that picaridin and permethrin are not the same. Use picaradin as you would deet. Pretreat clothing/gear with permethrin and let it dry after application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah when working in Alaska we use to use deet until the plastics on our sunglasses and watch bands started disintegrating. It’s rough on any plastic type materials.

A good one we used for years was lemon/eucalyptus from Coleman. Works good for mosquitoes

BBob

WKR
A good one we used for years was lemon/eucalyptus from Coleman. Works good for mosquitoes
I use lemon eucalyptus too, not Coleman though. Works for me better than deet. Deet never did much for me ever. The Picardin seems to work pretty well.