Bugle Report

NickID

FNG
Nothing sounding off in ID unit 48 past couple days. Windy conditions but spotting some cows with branch bulls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
Sw Montana had bulls bugling yesterday afternoon and this morning before the weather rolled in.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sw Montana had bulls bugling yesterday afternoon and this morning before the weather rolled in.

Man, they've shut up where I've been. Last week they were fired up. Weather cooled off and so did the elk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
Last weekend was total elk silence where I was here in SW MT. Hot during the day and no one was talking morning, noon or night. Saw plenty of elk, just not talking. Today, cloudy and drizzly and actually cool. I'm hoping the action has heated up when I head back out late this afternoon for the weekend again.

CorbLand

WKR
Nothing talking in N. Utah last weekend. Tried bugling at all times of the day and nothing would reply.

Airborne1

Lil-Rokslider
SW MT, in the last week only one bull has let loose and I couldn't close in. This morning there was a good herd bull with satellite bull, cows and spikes @ 140 yards and he could care less about a bugle. Early light he chuckled very quietly but that was it. They slipped out quiet.

Ten Bears

WKR
Anybody up near the Pecos Wilderness in 45 ? Walking in tomorrow bright and early and would love to hear that it started up.

Nothing like a good report to beat the suck of a 24 hour Jeep ride off you.

Jbehredt

WKR
Lying in the mountainsmith listening to two bulls go back and forth as I write this. Been good activity since we got here Saturday AM. Have called in 3 for my wife with her mz but have yet to seal the deal for various reasons. Some even beyond her control.... I kid I kid. Not really. Near Steamboat Springs.

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Got pinned down by two 6pt bulls just before dark, less than a quarter mile from where I had to park because a tree is across the road. Jumped one when I got out of the truck to glass a whitetail I spotted as soon as I pulled up and stopped. That bull was bedded less than 50yds from my truck. Hope they don't go far tonight. They certainly weren't spooked.

krausejmk

Lil-Rokslider
Just spent a week in central Colorado and didn’t hear one single bugle. Saw multiple elk and called but nothing

Wasatchbuck

Lil-Rokslider
Got pinned down by two 6pt bulls just before dark, less than a quarter mile from where I had to park because a tree is across the road. Jumped one when I got out of the truck to glass a whitetail I spotted as soon as I pulled up and stopped. That bull was bedded less than 50yds from my truck. Hope they don't go far tonight. They certainly weren't spooked.

Utah, Idaho, Montana??

OP
sneaky

sneaky

"DADDY"
Montana

Got on a really hot bull yesterday(9/13) in the Gila. For the most part, every day over the last week showed signs of the rut kicking off in a week or so. Of course, all the atvs riding around elk country during the first hour of daylight really puts a damper on bugling.

GregB

WKR
Didn't hear a single bugle while hunting north central Idaho, but I did have 2 bulls come in on a string to bugles and cow calls.

NickID

FNG
Bulls bugling as they are coming out of their beds in 48 the past couple nights. Not much in the morning or through the day.