Burger grind

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
The processor I use said hearts should go in the grind meat if not otherwise eaten. They said it wont affect taste or texture at all.

JeffP_Or

WKR
I agree - if doing just burger, heart would be about as deep as I would recommend; I think there would be some texture/mouth-feel issues if you ground non-muscle tissue organs with burger. Tongue would work too [blanch and skin it though].
Sausages and boudin would be suitable for other internal bits - afterall, we know about hot dogs! .:ROFLMAO:
I do add rib meat and some of the other small muscle stuff - some of that can be tedious though.

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
I throw all the weird stuff that my wife is too scared to eat whole into breakfast sausage and hamburger. Spleen, liver, kidney, oysters, heart, (if there’s any leftover from the traditional post-kill heart tendies meal). I’ll save some liver and maybe a kidney and package it up but most organs go in the grind. A great filler and my favorite way to get vitamins in. Tastes great to me. Highly recommend

Yoder

WKR
You guys ever hear of Scrapple? I've never made it but normally liver, kidney and heart go into it. It's made with pork, but I know a lot of people who mix in venison. It's a PA Dutch or Amish thing. Fry it up crispy with some ketchup and it's delicious.

Rich M

WKR
No. I don't eat anything inside the cavity.

Back in the day, there was a study that showed elevated metals in the organs. Stopped having an annual deer liver cook-out after that.