LEM Dual Grind

RS3579

WKR
Anyone have any experience with the LEM Dual Grind attachment. I’m interested but looking for real users experience. I have the #12 grinder.

JRay

Lil-Rokslider
We purchased a dual grind and the cast blade broke on the first use. Returned it and purchased a single grind. The dual grind’s slight increase in grinding output didn’t justify the price. And it broke!

Jeremyc_1999

Lil-Rokslider
My question is when dual grinding how does one add suet? I typically add it in my corse grind, then mix it in tubs and then do my final grind right into burger bags.

feanor

WKR
Yeah I’m quick and dirty. I like it lean, so I just add suet with the cubed meat in the top hopper. So I get some coming out at 10-5 percent on average. But I don’t care.

Read1t48

WKR
I have the LEM dual grind #8.

Did 165lbs of elk burger yesterday in under 3 hours from start to finish. #12 would be faster but it works fine and I like going slower to double check the cleanliness of the meat before feeding. I freeze in 7lb bags and then pre weight all suet per bag and go. It’s slick.
And my time included chamber vac sealing which is 45 sec + per bag. I’m pleased and would never go back to single grind.

Catchfish

WKR
I’ve had this same question about the double grind features seems. I also grind all my suet and meat separate mix and then run through one more time with the same plate. I don’t use the smaller plate any more.
If doing sausages i also like to add my seasonings before my second time through the grinder.

Attachments

• IMG_9273.jpeg
    IMG_9273.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 14