Busted Feet!

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
So this last year the my feet have decided that they’re done. Could have been the boots I wore for a little too long. I’m blaming it mostly on age and years of abuse. I just turned 42 last September. I’ve never had foot problems and honestly they were one of the last things I was ever thinking I’d have to worry about. I do construction and I pretty much always buy top of the line boots. I took a chance on some cheaper slip ons that at the time we’re comfortable but now am questioning if they had the proper support for the abuse I put my feet through. I’ve since moved on and feel my current boots are helping, but the pain is still pretty much there just not as much. I guess the question is how many of you have had similar things happen as you got older, and was it something that was able to be cured, or is it now a lifelong issue? I am also wondering if the couple years I was fairly serious about running are part of the cause.

Big_6

FNG
Look into getting fitted for orthotic sole inserts.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

A couple years ago i was trying to toughen my feet up by walking around woth a 55 lb back pack in unsupportive shoes. Ended up getting plantar faciaitas from it for a couple months. Once i figured out what it was i got custom i soles and it went away totally after a month. And i stopped doing stupid things like that. I also would have problems with my feet feeling bruised when hunting the mountains after a couple days and that also went away woth the insoles. Im 27 and have weak feet though but that helped me a ton. Not sure if thats along the lines of what your experiencing but thise things were a game changer for me.

Edit: i also we t with sheep feet. Ive had my fullinsoles for 2.5 years and bought half inserts for my shoes last spring and both have a good amount of life in them yet.

pfred8

FNG
Look into sheepfeet. From the sounds of it they have helped a ton of people. I wear them and love them.

scott85

Lil-Rokslider
This is my busted foot problem. I agree with a zero drop style shoe but make sure you build up to it or you can do more damage than good.

Attachments

• 0AFBA591-35F4-4907-881A-2F1167C50E6C.jpeg
    0AFBA591-35F4-4907-881A-2F1167C50E6C.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 6219A9C6-E71C-4C93-9A6D-01E150E9360E.jpeg
    6219A9C6-E71C-4C93-9A6D-01E150E9360E.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 30

*zap*

WKR
I have had zero issues wearing Merrill minimalist runners for 2 years now. I wear those 90% of the time including packing up tp 50# and doing physical work. I believe it builds your feet/legs up and encourages landing on the ball of your foot or midfoot as you walk rather than heel striking. Some runners are more minimal than others and you do need to build up to this in a similar manner that you need to build up to any new fitness program. Check the bottom of your heavily worn footwear and you can see what part of the sole your wearing when your foot hits the ground.

ymmv

OP
UpTop

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the replies! I’ll definitely look into some of the ideas. I’d like to see if I can somehow get my feet healed before I try the minimalist approach. I’m not opposed to trying it. Getting older is not fun at times. I’ve always had strong feet but this last year has humbled me. Weird part is it’s the whole bottom of me feet that hurt. Not just one specific area. scott85 hope all heals well! That doesn’t look fun at all!

*zap*

WKR
merrill trail glove is a good starter minimalist runner. vapor glove is very close to barefoot....I believe it is also important to not heel strike, mid foot landing and push off on ball of foot. ymmv.