CA Draw Results

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

i drew the best big mulie unit/bow, and after 38 years i drew the whites for sheep! freakin amazing. they both start late August. doing sheep first then head up 395 for the bow mulie hunt. super excited!!!!

D

Deleted member 8-15-23

You pulled sheep!? That's every hunter's dream in California. Congratulations, man. Stoked for you. Good luck and please let us know how it shakes out.
Thx. gonna be fun. my billy goat son will join me.

Pulled an archery x zone then ill be hunting D3-5 with 30,000 of my closest friends

i drew the best big mulie unit/bow, and after 38 years i drew the whites for sheep! freakin amazing. they both start late August. doing sheep first then head up 395 for the bow mulie hunt. super excited!!!!
That’s a sweet unit to hunt, it can be some rough hiking to get to the sheep though.

It is amazing to me how many people have no idea how the California draw works. over the last couple days I have heard countless people tell me what their choices were and they had second and third choices they had literally no chance of getting. With only a couple exceptions all X zones and special hunts are gone after the first choice batch goes through. Most of C zone is also gone after the first round. The days of getting that as a second choice are almost gone. There are still a couple people who get it as a second choice but not many. Same with A1, they are gone early in the second round.

It is amazing to me how many people have no idea how the California draw works. over the last couple days I have heard countless people tell me what their choices were and they had second and third choices they had literally no chance of getting. With only a couple exceptions all X zones and special hunts are gone after the first choice batch goes through. Most of C zone is also gone after the first round. The days of getting that as a second choice are almost gone. There are still a couple people who get it as a second choice but not many. Same with A1, they are gone early in the second round.
It’s amazing how many people post things like this on the internet for anyone to see instead of letting people figure it out for themselves. If someone can’t figure it out themselves then I’ll gladly let them waste choices while I try for the tags they might have drawn.

I missed my 2nd Choice this year but drew a coveted A zone tag! 😁

PM me about that muley bow hunt I have the same tag

B-zone for my son and X6A for me. I’m a newbie especially to the east side, gotta fit in a few scout trips.
I drew X6A as well but will have no chance to scout with boots on the ground before I make the 6 hour drive. I hunted X3B years ago and got a buck but am unfamiliar with X6A. Doing internet and satellite scouting now…

Good luck!

Rmfb

FNG
Been banking preference points for years and getting D6 as second choice.