Canoe vs Kayaks for Fishing/General Use

Ive had both kayaks and a canoe. Its generally me and my wife when ever I go out. All said I prefer two kayaks over one canoe. they both fit easily in a truck bed and its easier to fish solo. Plus two kayaks means you can split gear much better. Im currently looking at the ascend kayak canoe hybrid which looks very promising for duck hunting, fishing, and a small-ish deer.

Bought a couple Old Town 120pdl kayaks a couple years ago. They've been awesome so far and have interior storage compartments for gear.
1000020723-01.jpeg

I prefer a Coleman scanoe. Not sure if the make them anymore but works great for hunting and fishing. It's very stable, good in winter, and has a small electric motor. It fits in my truck and I attach a small set of wheels on the bottom when unloading. One man operation.

A bit late to the party but 100% go for the canoe. Almost got a kayak and im so glad we got the 14ft canoe instead.

I can fit 2 people, the dog, a yeti full of beer, and a couple of rods & gear in the canoe. Can go all day, camp overnight easy. I can paddle it by myself with the dog, 3 dozen decoys, gun etc and duck hunt from it. And I can load/unload it myself too

Back