Chama Hoody vs. Kuiu Merino 210 Hoody

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone tried both? I just got a Chama Hoody and was surprised at how short it is. I like it but was wondering if the Kuiu fits better? Any comparisons? I know Kuiu tends to run slim. I wear a 2XL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GKPrice

Banned
Anyone tried both? I just got a Chama Hoody and was surprised at how short it is. I like it but was wondering if the Kuiu fits better? Any comparisons? I know Kuiu tends to run slim. I wear a 2XL.

I didn't know KUIU made a merino hoody but my Chama hoody goes where I go

OP
machinethomas

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks GK. I do love the Chama, but the sizing is strange. Interested in the Kuiu Peloton zip t Hoodie?

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
My kuiu teton and merino shirts are long, perfect to tuck in. For reference I'm 6-2 skinny fat, average torso for my height.

Tried both. FL is so far ahead of KUIU in respects to merino its laughable. I think the only thing that KUIU can claim now is the outerwear.

sr80

WKR
I have both, and like em both. I have to get the first lite one taken in on the sides because of the weird fit. The first lite one is more comfortable, super stretchy. The kuiu one doesnt stretch much, I dont even think i could roll the sleeves up on mine. And its starting to pill

texag10

WKR
I have a kuiu 210 hoodie in medium. I'm 6' 155 lbs, so very thin. It fits me well, which means most people will probably need to size up. The hood pulls back on my head a but when I wear a hat and the cuffs are so tight I can't pull the sleeves more than a few inches up my arms. I have tiny forearms, so this was super weird to me.

That said, it is comfy and seems to be taking walking around in North Texas brush (tons of greebriar) just fine.

All in all I'd probably buy a chama if doing it again.