Changes?

Are there any changes to the 2016 T2H. I know last year at the Denver event the meat packing event became more of a sprint and Kenton was talking about maybe turning it into more of a distance event with a timing chip on the shoe or pack. Last year there were a few video's that highlighted the event and gave me an idea of how to prepare. Will there be similar video's this year or some sort of guide. If it has been discussed elsewhere please provide a link and I will check it out myself.
Thanks
Eric

RyanC

WKR
Hey Eric thanks for the question. This year's TTH regional qualifier will look similar to last years in many ways. The CO event will be at a different location so the meat pack will be different in that aspect. Our intention was not to make it a sprint and hopefully it won't be a sprint in CO like it turned out to be last year. Our intention is to make the meat pack around 1.5 to 2 miles for the regional qualifier events, so expect something in that distance for the meat pack. Kenton is working on the videos and should be out shortly so once they are released someone will post a link on here for everyone to check them out.

Keep shooting and keep training my friend. Good luck this year!!

Ryan

OP
M
Thanks for the info. I will be in Arkansas and maybe Colorado, so can we expect a similar event in Arkansas minus the altitude. It's a great event keep up the good work.
Eric

RyanC

WKR
Yes all regional qualifiers will be set up and ran very similar to give everyone a even playing field. It will be interesting to hear from you the difference in Colorado vs. Arkansas. Thanks for the question Eric.

Ryan

KHNC

WKR
Hoping meat pack isn't a sprint. That's quite a ways to move under a 100lb load at sprint speed. More likelihood of a knee injury I would imagine. I am training at about a 14 min pace for two miles right now using 85lbs. I live at 2200 ft here in NC, and have a decent trail to train on. I will be doing the PA event.