Chest Pack for Carrying DSLR Camera

MLHSN

Lil-Rokslider
How many of you carry a DSLR camera during scouting/backpacking season? I'm thinking about getting one for early season. I'm not really interested in the extra weight during hunting season.

Anyways, just curious what you carry yours in? It would be nice not to have to take my pack off every time I want to access it. I'm trying to figure out a chest configuration for a camera, GPS, and binos.

Any suggestions?

trdhunter

WKR
I am looking into a good way to pack my dslr also. I have a mountainsmith kit cube to put in my pack, but not sure if its padded enough and would like to get something that is weather proof and easy to access.
I noticed Aron has some kind of chest pack in a couple of pictures he has posted so maybe he will comment.

Chad R

FNG
There are lots of options in the photography market. I typically use a Think Tank Digital Holster mounted to my backpack waist belt. Think Tank also makes a harness to carry the holster in chest pack mode. LowePro makes a similar product as well (Toploader Pro). When carrying the camera uncased I’ll use a bino buddy system in place of the neck strap.

OP
M

MLHSN

Lil-Rokslider
Hey Chad, I was looking at both the thinkTank and LowePro models. How does that work out with carry binos? I was kind of hoping to find a chest pack that had an extra pocket for my binos and maybe a side pocket to hold a map and GPS.

lowe pro top loader zoom 50 AW2 is what i use, has a rain fly that pulls out from bottom that is grey, works well, 4 point harness.