Colorado Big Game Season Structure Survey

Ucsdryder

WKR
No, I don't agree with not being able to hunt your own ranch like you mentioned. I don't how the Colorado landowner vouchers work. But I agree, you would think that a landowner should be able to get a tag for their own land.
So should they give every land owner a tag as long as they meet qualifications? Where do they get those tags? If a unit gives 200 tags and there are 200 land owners that qualify, should the LO get them all? There are only so many animals, and too many people trying to get those tags. Or I guess we give them out to everyone, nonresidents should have the same rights as resident and land owners… remember, same pie, more mouths to feed.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I have probably stirred the pot enough for a while. 🤣 I hope my 16yr old son can snag him a tag in the secondary draw. I don't have a tag so I am not taking any of your tags. Good luck on your hunts this fall guys!
For sure! Non resident youth getting priority over residents and you’re complaining! And you don’t understand why residents have an issue with the current system. That’s rich…😂

Hnthrdr

WKR
Wanted this to be about season dates… don’t get me started on the scam draw… I mean second draw

Hnthrdr

WKR
I believe you are right, and it’s pretty frustrating, quota should be applied across the board no matter if it is a 1-4 choice unit

Ucsdryder

WKR
Landowner tags come from the…..

wait for it….

Resident pool
They sure do…I think the main issue is most NR don’t believe how different Colorado is than any other western state. Those states look for ways to eff NR, Colorado looks for ways to eff R. Then NR get mad when residents complain about the disparity. 🙄

Hnthrdr

WKR
How dare you want to hunt your own state in units you are familiar with or have been hunting for years you greedy resident! Come on I looked at the draw stats and there were a pile of elk tags for unit 104 left over, why not buy one and go hunting!

Ucsdryder

WKR
How dare you want to hunt your own state in units you are familiar with or have been hunting for years you greedy resident! Come on I looked at the draw stats and there were a pile of elk tags for unit 104 left over, why not buy one and go hunting!
Aren’t those C tags? Even better, buy 3!

KsRancher

WKR
They sure do…I think the main issue is most NR don’t believe how different Colorado is than any other western state. Those states look for ways to eff NR, Colorado looks for ways to eff R. Then NR get mad when residents complain about the disparity. 🙄
Ok. I lied, I am back. No state should be looking for ways to eff NR or R. They should find a balance. If other western states are looking to eff NR then they are probably a little radical. If Colorado is looking to eff residents then something needs to change. And it is. They are changing things to help residents. But it isn't enough for you guys. Your goals are to eff NR. That is sad.

Landowner tags come from the…..

wait for it….

entire pool first.
fixed it for you.

As for the rest of the chatter about trying to take away from one party to redistribute to another. Non res will remember. I’m sure non res are chomping at the bit to help with time, money, and effort to help stop wolves. Next year it will be cat hunting with dogs. Or maybe full on Cali and zero cat hunting whether you use dogs or not.

I’m sure you residents will be able to stop the cat hunting ban on your own. Good luck.

Ucsdryder

WKR
fixed it for you.

As for the rest of the chatter about trying to take away from one party to redistribute to another. Non res will remember. I’m sure non res are chomping at the bit to help with time, money, and effort to help stop wolves. Next year it will be cat hunting with dogs. Or maybe full on Cali and zero cat hunting whether you use dogs or not.

I’m sure you residents will be able to stop the cat hunting ban on your own. Good luck.
Curious what you’ve done to help? What time and effort have you given?

We won’t be able to stop cat bans, just like we weren’t able to stop wolf intro. Did you help stop wolf intro? Apparently not, because it’ll be here this year.

I love this argument.

Curious what you’ve done to help? What time and effort have you given?

We won’t be able to stop cat bans, just like we weren’t able to stop wolf intro. Did you help stop wolf intro? Apparently not, because it’ll be here this year.

I love this argument.
I love how residents whining on the internet don’t even know how their draws/allocations work.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I love how residents whining on the internet don’t even know how their draws/allocations work.
You didn’t answer my question.

What time and effort did you put into stopping wolves? You made a statement. Back it up.

There will be more threads pop up on here saying “we need help fighting blank” And right below that thread will be a thread where non res keep getting bigger and bigger cuts.

Perfectly fine. Hopefully residents realize they are hypocrites though.

You didn’t answer my question.

What time and effort did you put into stopping wolves? You made a statement. Back it up.

Please show where I said anyone actually helped? I said non res are chomping at the bit which was sarcasm.

Instead of asking me questions maybe you and cnelk should read up on your resident draw and allocations?

Ucsdryder

WKR
@dirtytough “I’m sure non res are chomping at the bit to help with time, money, and effort to help stop wolves. Next year it will be cat hunting with dogs. Or maybe full on Cali and zero cat hunting whether you use dogs or not.”

Ah ok, so nonresidents aren’t helping now when it was 65/35, but they aren’t helping in the future either. Ok got it! Whew! We’re in trouble now without all that help we weren’t getting that we will continue to not get. 😂

Does Colorado get more NR help than the other western states because we have better NR draw odds? I’ll answer it for you…nope!

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yep UCS, we are hypocrites. We want to hunt our own state every year, heck maybe even have an elk, deer, and I’m being super greedy a bear tag?! The audacity of it! The midwesterners thought, they are pure as the driven snow. They only want to kill 5+ deer in their home state and then elk, deer, bear, and pronghorn in Co. man they all must have huge families to feed with all that venison it’s only fair, since we have national forest so all CO’s resources should be handed over to people who pay no real care about the state. Thing is when the wolves come this year, tags will get cut to next to nothing once they are established. This argument about how the NR can help is a mute point we are watching the death of hunting in Co in slow motion

cnelk

WKR
Please show where I said anyone actually helped? I said non res are chomping at the bit which was sarcasm.

Instead of asking me questions maybe you and cnelk should read up on your resident draw and allocations?

Easy there kiddo.... I may not be well versed in the LPP and miss-spoke earlier - better write it down because it dont happen often.