CO otc unit with decent glassing opportunities

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
So last year I hunted CO unit 71 otc archery elk and there were very very slim glassing opportunities. I will not be hunting Colorado again until next year. I am seeking some units that have at least a fair amount of glassing opportunities in a wilderness area. I have been spending countless hours studying maps from PA but it is so hard to tell from maps and not really knowing Colorado's vegetation by map. I am struggling. Ive never been so wrong about a map until I arrived last year at lizard head in 71. I will be taking a scouting trip in august just to check out some new terrain but only have very limited time. If anyone can suggest a wilderness with some decent glassing opportunity and is willing to share please let me know. Pm's preffered.

Thanks in advance to all the great contributing members of this forum.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Anything above timberline is going to have plenty of glassing opportunities. Lots of OTC units with terrain above timberline. But even some of the areas with solid timber still have plenty of parks and openings to glass with a bit of elevation gain. I wouldn't limit yourself to just wilderness areas.

OP
J

Jpugs

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply, I think i am just limiting myself to the wilderness areas because last season I was under attack by enduro Ktm dirtbikes everywhere I went in the NF until i humped it into a wilderness area