Crocs or a water/trail shoe

Fox30buck

FNG
Crocs worked for me last year, we did multiple crossings. It was a little dicey on some of the swifter creeks but it would have been either way. Good luck

fatbacks

WKR
Crocs are great but I don’t like them for deeper water crossings. They always feel like they might fall off. I may go get a Salomon water shoe and try that this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
For what its worth. Tried crocs and I couldn't like them for more than one reason.

I found these that weigh 10.5 oz for a 12. I have been using them around the house and garden and pool and I can say that they are very comfortable to wear for long periods. They were lighter then the crocs I tried by a couple ounces. They weren't as light as the neoprene soles but those always felt like they were going to fall off my feet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSK9P73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

OP
ericthered

ericthered

Lil-Rokslider
For what its worth. Tried crocs and I couldn't like them for more than one reason.

I found these that weigh 10.5 oz for a 12. I have been using them around the house and garden and pool and I can say that they are very comfortable to wear for long periods. They were lighter then the crocs I tried by a couple ounces. They weren't as light as the neoprene soles but those always felt like they were going to fall off my feet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSK9P73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the link. I’m going to give them a try.

I've used water shoes similar to what reburn just posted. Like previously mentioned I just couldn't get comfortable with crocs in deeper/swifter water. With the water shoes it's not a concern at all. And they weigh a few ounces less than crocs.

Ryno478

FNG
Crocs are my go to for stream crossings and camp shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see Crocs for camp, kind of.....but with it always being wet and damp in Alaska not really sold on them. For River Crossings, Crocs are slick as snot when wet. Not sure I want to increase my chance of falling with slick shoes on slick rocks. As others have mentioned, deep water crossings it seems like they want to come off your feet. The benefit is they are light and don't absorb water.

cdohtodd

FNG
I like crocs for camp shoes. Does the heel strap keep them on in swift water crossings?
I’ve used Wiggys when there were lots of crossing.

If you get the ones that have the adjustable Velcro straps you should be able to get them tight enough that it's not a problem. If its just the static strap, they'll be gone most likely in the first swift water crossing.

cdohtodd

FNG
If you get the ones that have the adjustable Velcro straps you should be able to get them tight enough that it's not a problem. If its just the static strap, they'll be gone most likely in the first swift water crossing.
Thx I’m going to look into those. Hate packing crocs and wiggies if can get by w just crocs

I've been using these the last several seasons and really like them for a few reasons. They're cheap, light weight (mine are 8 oz. for the pair), stay on your feet better than Crocs for stream crossings, etc., and they will easily accept my microspikes, again, making it easier for stream crossings.
The only difference is, mine don't have the heavy lugs/spikes like these golf shoes do.

hayesplow

Lil-Rokslider
I have several favorite pairs and I go through a whole lot of hunting boots. I dont care much for insulated boots but you wont need them anyways.

Filson Uplanders
Filson Highlanders
Danner Grouse
Danner Pronghorns

luch79

FNG
I’m a crock guy on my long hunts. Good for crossing creeks and even better to take your boots off the end of the day

rbljack

WKR
Although I haven't used them for hunting, I bought crocs last fall. I wear them a lot around the house, and run to the store in them too. They will go on my next extended hunt for camp and creek crossings.

Bambistew

WKR
Hodgeman makes an inexpensive ($30ish) set of slip on hip waders, pair with plastics or crocs would be nice for crossing. Same thing as the glacier socks more or less.

I'm going Sheep Hunting next year and plan on using neoprene wading booties that go no higher than my ankle. They have a rubber grip on the bottom surface. Same type they use in deep diving. I also bought a pair of river shoes. together, they weigh less than crocs. I may or may not use the river shoes in crossings but will definitely use them as camp shoes.

I'm going Sheep Hunting next year and plan on using neoprene wading booties that go no higher than my ankle. They have a rubber grip on the bottom surface. Same type they use in deep diving. I also bought a pair of river shoes. together, they weigh less than crocs. I may or may not use the river shoes in crossings but will definitely use them as camp shoes.

Mind sharing a link to these or at least brand & model? Thanks.

Mind sharing a link to these or at least brand & model? Thanks.
Shoes:

Dive booties: