Custom bino strap

I have a bit of OCD so bear with me.

I have "cased" split rings in para cord to reduce noise and shine, it is tedious. Ensure that you have your set up done of any fixed pieces of the attachment link, in your case the split ring will have to already be attached to your binos

1. cut a piece of para cord about 1.25 times the circumference of the split ring (~4" for a 1" split ring)
2. remove the inner strands of the para cord
3. melt the ends of the gutted para cord ensuring that it remains open (putting it on the end of a wooden pencil helps)
4. open the split ring and slide the para cord onto/into the split ring, milk the para cord around the split ring, you will need to move it around the split ring a total of two rotations
5. once it is all around the split ring melt the two ends of the para cord together (hence the extra para cord)

it will make the split ring into a fixed nylon covered ring which you cannot take off with out undoing this process or cutting the para cord off (which is easier) it will make your split ring a bit thicker so tight connections may be a problem.

Back