Discussion on new hunting apparel brand ideas

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t read all the post , but MAKE it in America !!! And I agree with probably everyone else that chimed in, efficiency, customer service, and a new pattern 🤪
No cotton and
made in America ,

JB12

FNG
Hey Fellow Roksliders:

I have been in the apparel manufacturing business my entire adult life. I grew up in the business and have been lucky enough to have learned a lot from some very talented people. It's been 35 years or so now so I have had the chance to meet a wide range of factories, mills, fiber and other suppliers from every significant producing country in the world.

I also love hunting and the outdoors. I find peace and the truest sense of belonging while in the mountains or meadows fly fishing or hunting for big game.

I have been toying with the idea of creating a new hunting apparel and accessories line. Personally loving the products that I would be involved in manufacturing would be a first for me. I have world-class sourcing in just about every category of apparel, footwear and accessories so I am not limited in scope of product I can chose to make.

If anyone else has ever thought about this same subject please free to chime in. I would love input and ideas on what people would like in apparel. Personally, i think that the retail prices to get good quality are simply too high. I also feel that differentiation is very important.

If anyone wants advice on their own ideas or help I am happy to do so.

Thanks
Hey I just found this thread, and I’ve actually been thinking about this a lot lately. I’d love to chat about some ideas if you still have any. I’d love to start a company that provides everything hunters really want and need in their equipment while still being reasonably priced, yet having the reputation of bigger brands such as Sitka and Kuiu.

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
There are only two ways I can see a new company making it. The apparel must be cutting edge and stand out significantly from the crowd. Or if the apparel is of similar quality and design to the crowd it must be priced significantly lower. Then of course customer service always has to be top notch.

I'm on board with all of these ideas. I have a brief background in textile, 2 years before i switched my major and the fiber technology is amazing. I have no doubt that there is or will be a synthetic fiber to compete with merino or to at least supplement it rather than nylon or poly. Aside from material development and garment design I find one very basic aspect missing from most "affordable" outdoor brands. That aspect if fit. I think I am a pretty average guy at 6'1", 185lb and finding items with fit like they should is difficult. The cheaper an item is the more generic the fit is. I know some of that is a function of production and inventory but regardless of how great the fabric is or how low the price point it I am not going to wear it if it doesn't fit properly. I think a lot of guys run into this and end up paying extra on higher end stuff simply because it fits better.
6'1" and 185 is far from normal or average. Most people your height are weighing in well above 215, and the average in this obese nation is around 250.
I get the fit issue though. Im 5'11" @ 200lbs. I have a 34 waist but wear a 44 suit at the chest and my thighs are ridiculous because I squat 400lbs. Nothing fits right.
I cant imagine the logistics of pleasing everybody. Or, you could do like some amd just make what you want and wear people down with marketing even though fit and.finish suck.