DIY moose hunt with Arrowhead Outfitters

I think I've about settled on an outfitter for a DIY trip and curious if anyone here has ever used or knows anything about Arrowhead Outfitters. Being this is a major trip for me, I want to make sure I pick a reputable place. Any info would be helpful and appreciated!

Wingert

FNG
Which Arrowhead Outfitters are you seeking information - where are they located? Who's the contact or owners you've been inquiring with? That will help narrow down the responses you receive.

Try the Search function if you haven't already done so.

OP
C
Good point man, honestly, I only know of the one in Alaska, so it didn't dawn on me there may be more than one. I have been speaking with Misty at the Brooks Range location in northern Alaska.

Because they are terrible. A hunt factory. I've flown with them twice, they don't keep their promises. They drop you off and pick you up. Very little customer appreciation or even decent customer service. I am not saying you couldn't go with them and have a great hunt but odds are you won't. There are far better outfitters to spend your hard earned money with than them and I'd say that to their face.

OP
C
That's fair, sounds like you have some personal experience and that's what I am looking for. Who would you recommend?

thnksno

Lil-Rokslider
There was a review on them a few years back on here. It didn’t sound good at all. I almost booked with them. Some guys I know did and it was horrible. We went through brooks range aviation and that was great. I’m talking caribou tho.

keller

WKR
My cousin went with them once and he said never again. I have also read many bad review's

OXN939

WKR
I went with them on a trip two years ago. Service was very bare bones with, as Nick says, little customer appreciation. Our pilot was polite and skillful, and got us where we needed to be just fine. Got an email a few months ago asking if I would be interested in buying the company, so apparently they either have changed or are changing ownership...

OP
C
As it has been 2 years since first posting/asking the question about Arrowhead Outfitters, it does appear that they have gone through with new ownership and their service has radically improved, at least based on some current reviews left on their Facebook page. Can anyone comment on services since the new ownership and personal experience during the 2020/2021 season? So far, all my correspondence with Misty at their office has been very positive, so I am curious to hear from anyone who has been doing business with them under the new ownership.