Early Season Brown Bear Den

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
Image.jpeg
What you look for when chasing them in the mountains as they are emerging. This photo was taken April 29 and the brown bear was still near the den but had two cubs with her. Wish I had taken my spotter/scope adapter but this was the best I could do through the binos.

Does anyone else have early season den pictures to share?

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
stupid newbie question - where is the actual den? is it at the left end of the dirty tracks, by that rock? or in the center of the picture where the dirty tracks lead left, and theres some cleaner tracks going to the right? or is it one of the two dark spots to the right just under the rocks that also have tracks (but not as many) going to them? my guess is the far left, as thats where the dirty snow seems to come from, but ive only een these bear dens through the computer/ TV screen at this point.

OP
A

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
stupid newbie question - where is the actual den? is it at the left end of the dirty tracks, by that rock? or in the center of the picture where the dirty tracks lead left, and theres some cleaner tracks going to the right? or is it one of the two dark spots to the right just under the rocks that also have tracks (but not as many) going to them? my guess is the far left, as thats where the dirty snow seems to come from, but ive only een these bear dens through the computer/ TV screen at this point.
We wondered the same thing and could not tell for sure.

7mm-08

WKR
Very evident through glass (or from the air, I expect). Thanks for sharing for the lower 48 guys.