Easton Pro Comp Hunter Arrow Halfouts

treillw

WKR
Likely going to go with the Easton Pro Comp Hunter for my elk arrow. Any feedback on the halfouts?

The Iron Will deep six sleeves are intriguing, but I like the idea of not needing to mess with finding a deep six head. Dunno if I'm sold on fixed blades.

Thanks!

paxamus

WKR
I handled some of those in the bow shop the other day. They are a sweet arrow, however I’m not too sold on the half outs either. The ones we were looking at had shipped with the titanium half outs. The fit was pretty good, but for the amount of money that you pay for those arrows, I’m just worried about bending one of those half outs. Ethics makes an insert and sleeve for the Pro Comp and it adds some weight to the front for increased FOC.

I really want to try that arrow, but I’ve been burned so bad lately on components bending that I’m almost ready for a .204 arrow just for beefier components.

Interested in what folks use with this arrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zac

WKR
Procomps are great target arrows. I can't imagine why anyone would want to hunt with them. That half out puts an extreme amount of stress on the shaft during angled shots. You won't ever ruin that half out but it will blow out the wall of your arrow.

Zac

WKR
Only scenario I would hunt with a micro like the Procomps is if I was planning on doing what Gillingham does and use that glue in broadhead from Thorn. That being said it would never go on an elk hunt, unless they offered their fixed blade version in that configuration.

MattB

WKR
I used the Ti half outs with Injexions and they worked well, only ever bent one and that was the absolute minimum damage I expected on that particular shot (lots of rock involved).

nphunter

WKR
They would work just fine. I have 19 injection 330’s with the Ti outserts and they seem decent. I’ve killed a lot of deer and elk with micro diameter arrows and the strongest setup would be IW insertsL, collars and deep six heads.
Personally I don’t want to have to deal with deep six anymore so I moved to 5mm shafts. I think those pro comps would be awesome arrows with either deep six or Ti outserts. If I didn’t just build two dozen axis i would consider them. I shot AC Injexions for years when they made them and they were the best shooting shafts I’ve ever had, From what I can tell the pro Comp is a rebranded AC injexion.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
The ethics setup looks pretty nice. Seems to be a perfect combination of the Iron Will collars and the half out.

Are they the best way to go? As strong as the iron will deep six collars?

Thanks for pointing me in their direction!

I can’t speak to the durability of the IW deep six components but it sure they’re plenty tough. I just didn’t want to go down the rabbit hole of deep six heads. I did the ethics aluminum post and stainless collar on arrows.

Zac

WKR
I can’t speak to the durability of the IW deep six components but it sure they’re plenty tough. I just didn’t want to go down the rabbit hole of deep six heads. I did the ethics aluminum post and stainless collar on arrows.
The world would be a better place if Deep 6 would go away.

Zac

WKR
I just can’t feel confident in those tiny little threads especially with a heavy arrow and a 73lb/31dl bow.
I've said this alot, the only micro diameter system worthy of hunting with is the Valkyrie system. The micro diameter craze is one specific area where target archery does not transfer to hunting.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I've said this alot, the only micro diameter system worthy of hunting with is the Valkyrie system. The micro diameter craze is one specific area where target archery does not transfer to hunting.

So you wouldn't trust the ethics outserts?

Zac

WKR
So you wouldn't trust the ethics outserts?
I wouldn't trust any insert that puts a large lever arm on the end of the shaft. All of those components need to be inside the shaft. So far Valkyrie has been the only company to achieve this at .166. Brent had to totally rewrite the script to do it though.

nphunter

WKR
I just can’t feel confident in those tiny little threads especially with a heavy arrow and a 73lb/31dl bow.

I’ve blown through a lot of elk and deer with deep six heads. Shooting 77lbs from a Carbon Spyder Turbo at 28”. Never had a single failure due to the threads.

Zac

WKR
I’ve blown through a lot of elk and deer with deep six heads. Shooting 77lbs from a Carbon Spyder Turbo at 28”. Never had a single failure due to the threads.
I do believe Iron Will Deep Six will probably be more durable than most standard size thread heads. That being said, the only failures Bill has ever seen have been Deep 6.

I’ve been shooting the titanium inserts in the injexion shafts. No issues so far.
I shot rampage shafts for years with the halfouts. I didn’t have a failure with them either and they are less durable in my opinion.