El Coyote quilt guys - no draft collar?

I’m very close to pulling the trigger on a new quilt and have narrowed it down to a few options. I saw that El Coyote quilts do not offer a draft collar, but the website claims that a draft collar isn’t needed with their quilts. For you guys who have this brand, has that been your experience?

mlgc20

WKR
I have quilts from Katabatic, UGQ, and EE. The UGQ quilt doesn't have a draft collar. In fact, in the hundreds of nights I've slept in a quilt, I've never once closed any of them around my neck. I just don't think that would be comfortable. So, I wouldn't miss the draft collar on any of my quilts. If you like the EC quilts, I wouldn't let the draft collar be a deal breaker.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
I’m very close to pulling the trigger on a new quilt and have narrowed it down to a few options. I saw that El Coyote quilts do not offer a draft collar, but the website claims that a draft collar isn’t needed with their quilts. For you guys who have this brand, has that been your experience?

I used my new El Coyote last Fall, I never cinched the opening down…I don’t see the advantage to my sleeping style of a draft collar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BBob

WKR
No matter what bag or how cold it got I've always hated most draft collars, they just bug me. I've gone as far as cutting them off bags they bug me so much. I have an El Coyote and I'm perfectly happy with no draft collar :)

OP
W
I have an El Coyote quilt and it does seem to do just fine without the draft collar. I also have a Gryphon Gear quilt with a draft collar, and I definitely like that option better.
Gryphon Gear is one of the others I’m looking at pretty seriously. Both options seem pretty good in the sub-$500 price range.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
No draft collar but no problem. You can just tuck er tight or you can cinch it up. I've never been cold in mine....matter of fact, it's too warm.

Randy

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
How do you keep out drafts up top without cinching down? Do you just wrap the quilt around you?

Like I do with my bags, I just pull up around my face. This point alone, I’d make sure the bag/quilt is plenty long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
How do you keep out drafts up top without cinching down? Do you just wrap the quilt around you?

Theres a snap and bungee cord also
df9c2b2dbb4d1e039909ea621c88da75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just picked up an el coyote a couple weeks ago and have spent a couple nights in the backyard with it. I found that I prefer to just wrap it around me instead of cinching it up. I don't feel like a draft collar was needed and I was plenty toasty!